where can i get a rapid fire spark ignitor?

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby jetpilot » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:58 pm

so far i've only found standard grill ignitors at my hardeware stores.
jetpilot

Postby Velocity » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:15 pm

Just a suggestion, but if you want to post a new thread, make sure to do it correctly. Don't post your question in the title, and just add some little sentence in the space where you are supposed to write a reply. First of all, give some background. What do you need this ignitor for? What kind of specifications would you like on such an ignitor. Tell what kind of a project it will be used for. Combustion, hybrid, something totally new?

We can't really tell whether this is for a simple thing or some death trap. If you provide more information, members of this forum will understand your question better and will be able to create a more detailed and helpful response
Velocity

Postby TurboSuper » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Well...I found a battery-powerd one in a hardware store, so I guess you'd have to find a better-stocked hardware store.

You can always choose from the plethora of homemade devices (do some searching), or use a modified stunner.
TurboSuper

Postby jimmy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Here are a couple
<a href="http://www.accentshopping.com/product~P_ID~149827~VT~DETAILS.asp">one</a>
<a href="http://www.barbecues.com/web/catalog/product_detail1.aspx?pid=86273&cm_ven=Nextag&cm_cat=Grilling%20Accessories&cm_pla=Music%20City%20Metals&cm_ite=Music%20City%20Metals-Replacement%20Parts-86273&cid=89033809C6588070A269D7F529FCC7E1">two</a>

If your local hardware store doesn't carry the battery powered ignitor take a look at the BBQs they sell and see if you can find one that has the ignitor you want. Take the BBQ part number and search for replacement parts to find a source of just the ignitor.
jimmy

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner