Cloud Question.

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby stevet47 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:26 am

I got a couple questions.
I am building my first bbmg. I figured I'd go with a cloud, since a vortex is more complicated, and from what I read doesn’t have any significant benefits. I am actually building 2 clouds as Christmas presents for my friends.

So do I have this right... The smaller the chamber, the more powerful the gun? If this is true, the strongest guns wont be able to hold many rounds. I obviously want a powerful gun, so is there any way to make a gun that can hold a large amount of BBs and still be powerful?
I was thinking putting a large storage hopper ontop of the cloud hopper separated with a ball-valve that can be opened to re-load quickly as the gun gets low on ammo (obviously you would have to stop firing for the BBs to reload). This sounds like it would work, though not very well, but I cant think of anything else that would work simply.

All help is appreciated.
stevet47

Postby fullmetaljacket » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:47 am

The bigger the BB chamber, the more volume there is for the air to fill and therefore the lower the pressure will be, giving you a lower velocity per BB.

You can circumvent this problem in different ways - having a separate hopper as you suggested has already been discussed here (check the following link: http://forums.spudtech.com/topic.asp?AR ... IC_ID=7878 - though I don´t think has actually been built) and would doubtless work.

Another suggestion which I think is better (and not because it´s mine or anything ;)) is to have the BBs actually inside the pressure chamber, meaning you can have as big a chamber as you want with the added benefit of always having maximum pressure pushing them out of the barrel.

http://forums.spudtech.com/topic.asp?AR ... ball,valve
fullmetaljacket

Postby noname » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:33 pm

The "best cloud" would have a large chamber with a spring powered piston in the chamber that would keep decreasing chamber volume as the BBs were fired.
noname

Postby MrCrowley » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:09 am

Which is practically Mr.Plows Ultimate Airsoft vortex Gun
MrCrowley

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns