Hope this wasn't any of you guys

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby TaterNater » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:36 pm

DR, i laughed my ass off at your response. And no, it is not a recurring dream...wait...:|

Edit: Just to avoid post whoring, I stand by my opinion of the mountain man justice idea...or the hitting them with a bus.:)

Thanks for reading my worthless post,
TaterNater
TaterNater

Postby Drew Rowland » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:39 am

The school does have and should exercise it's right to sue for damages to property, but punishment without trial represents the acceptance of laws of attrician, a constitutional no-no. The moron ought to win the case, but rewards should be kept to the minimum. However, I think any jury will find him guilty of the crime if the school/parents sue him.
Drew Rowland

Postby iMacThere4iAm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:43 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TaterNater</i>
...the mountain man justice idea...or the hitting them with a bus.:)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
There's still the firing squad. That or hitting him with an bus would be described as poetic justice.
iMacThere4iAm

Postby spuzi14 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:51 pm

i think he should be in jail for a good 20 years, he should have to pay for ALL the damages he caused while hes in jail. after jail it should be off to counseling or whatever because people like that dont do that kinda thing for fun, even though i fail completely to find the fun in shooting what is basically a bullet at a bunch of kids. thats just not right. i never even considered shooting at a living human being no matter how far away they are from me, it just doesnt make sense.
spuzi14

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby aetherguy881 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:28 pm

Who hates parents that try to defend their kids that much IF I DID ANYTHING ILLEAGAL MY PARRENTS WOULD KILL ME, figurativly speaking, I wouldn't be able to do anything. I guess that CT doesn't get many 'spud shootings/vandalizing.'
aetherguy881

Postby TurboSuper » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:16 pm

How the hell can anyone not see a huge freaking yellow bus!!!!!??!!?!?

This is what likely happened:

Kid's Mind: Wow, school sucks, I bet that if I were to egg the bus it would be cool and everyone would talk about me.

Kid does not-to-uncommon thing of misjudging power of cannon and shoots the bus

Kid's Mind:Oops, how can I get out of this one? I know! I just didn't see the bus!

At least noone was hurt.
TurboSuper

Postby CollinA » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:46 pm

It sure is amazing how a LOT of poeple underestimate the power of rapidly expanding gases being forced down a long tube with a projectile in it. A potato cannon is a gun, and should be treated as such.
CollinA

Postby yeag6154 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:42 am

I have to agree with Mr. Plow... It would be different if the kid shot at a neighbor's vehicle, but it's a school bus, and not just a bus, but a bus with kids on it. Most of us, if not all, have a spud gun of our own and have experimented with different fuels and ammo. I have not moved on from the standard potatoes, but seeing the damage they render on planks of wood and old cars dumped in the woods, I can only imagine the damage a frozen egg could cause.

Now the punishment... it's a bit extreme, FIVE MONTHS. I can see a suspension, but if it's five months, they should just remove him for the year, or at least move to home schooling while on house arrest. His parents should also consider finding some serious help for the boy, before this problem moves to a higher and more dangerous point.

And the violation of the boys Civil Rights... his father is referring to Amendment II of our Constitution. Those of us in the NRA are well aware of this Amendment... The Right To Bear Arms. But this should never stand in court, because you can only bear arms with a permit, and it must be a registered gun... last time I checked they don't have permits for Spud Gun's as a concealed weapon.

I guess my point is, this kid is a threat to his communtiy, and clearly someone who should not be experimenting with spud guns... he lacks the ability to consider the consequences of his actions, and is, in my eyes, just plain stupid.
yeag6154

Postby Navigator7 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:24 am

I think all the judges in this case should be required to clean this kids underwear daily for every day he returns to school unpunished for negligent behavior and reckless endangerment.

The kid is not the problem...the justice system is.
Navigator7

Postby sgort87 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 am

<font color="green">This is why we can't have nice things.
sgort87

PreviousNext

Return to Stories