Let's start another debate here shall we?

Postby An Appple Pie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:02 pm

Please, for the sake of my own sanity, tell me how you've backed up your claims for liberals causing 9/11. How are the liberals "making it easy for terrorists?" I've heard you say this sort of thing before, but I could really use an explanation because I've yet to understand exactly how you've managed to come to such an outrageously absurd conclusion while presenting it in such a matter-of-fact tone.
An Appple Pie

Postby spuzi14 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:36 pm

MSNBC...don't they have Nancy Weiner or some lady with the last name Weiner and when she talks it sounds like she has some?

We used to have the Ohio New Network on in studyhall and I'd be sitting there thinking of how to cause mischief and in the background I'd be listening to the news and I often listened to it just for the entertainment. It was truly fun to listen to how the people talk...the reporters are just dead set on their story even though it's not really that big. It's awesome stuff, especially when Jon Steaurt (sp?) gets on TV and makes fun of them all.
spuzi14

Postby Navigator7 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by An Appple Pie
[br]Please, for the sake of my own sanity, tell me how you've backed up your claims for liberals causing 9/11. How are the liberals "making it easy for terrorists?" I've heard you say this sort of thing before, but I could really use an explanation because I've yet to understand exactly how you've managed to come to such an outrageously absurd conclusion while presenting it in such a matter-of-fact tone.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The matter of fact tone comes from perspective. I have it.

This is from and earlier post of mine in this thread:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm quite comfortable with my position the Liberal Left is guilty of treason and is directly responsible for American soldier deaths, prolonging the war and aiding and abetting the enemy.

From the inside cover of the book , The Enemy At Home.....The Cultural Left and it's Responsibility for 911 (just came to my door) Dinesh D'Souza

"".....Only this war is not being waged by Christian Conservatives bent on a moral crusade to impose democracy abroad but by the American cultural left, which for years has been vigorously exporting its domestic war against religion and traditional morality to the rest of the world.

D'Souza contends that the cultural left is responsible for 911 in two ways:
o By fostering decadent and depraved American culture that angers and repulses other societies.- Especially traditional and religious ones.
o And by promoting at home and abroad, an anti-American attitude that blames America for all the problems of the world.""""

""""....It is not "America" doing this to them. it is the American cultural left. What traditional societies consider repulsive and immoral, the cultural left considers progressive and liberating""""<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I added the words in quotes.

I've been saying this very thing since the first Gulf War and been thinking it ever since the Left tried to blame the Oklahoma City bombing on Rush Limbaugh.

Now that there is a high writer out there repeating my views almost verbatim...why not quote him?
I can say it many other ways the the Liberal Left Values suck and the rest of us are paying the price....this time it's war.

The Left has made you ashamed to be American.
Navigator7

Postby aturner » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Navigator7
[br]From my perspective, the Liberal Left caused 911....
Note to our valued readers. The quoted comment comes from the guy who once claimed Muslims were behind the Oklahoma city bombing...among other interesting claims.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Pulling out of this battle in the middle east ends nothing.
It's not over if we leave.
We can't just walk away!
The battle will come here.
I hope we eventually get out.

But if the Iraqi people don't care enough about their own freedom to drive out the insurgents, then why should we stay and try in vain to give them the gift of freedom. They have to want it.

The troop surge is the last push. If it works, then we leave. If it fails, then we leave.
aturner

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby An Appple Pie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:42 pm

So, your argument is that the liberals in Hollywood have caused all these troubles of our world? Wow. That's like trying to say that the Jews started the Holocaust. :o

You're just displacing the blame from the people committing these terrorist acts and throwing it onto the left-leaning media. The problem is mainly religious fanaticism and intolerance, but you're trying to say that Hollywood has justified terrorism under such acts.

I certainly hope you can see the problem in the accusation you are making. It's true that many people from all over the world have developed feelings of hatred towards the US--Maybe even partially due to the materialism displayed by the media. But to actually imply that liberals, by themselves, tied the causal link to 9/11 and all of the US' foreign problems is invariably insane.
An Appple Pie

Postby Navigator7 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:22 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by aturner
The troop surge is the last push. If it works, then we leave. If it fails, then we leave.
I sure understand what you say....but disagree.
I keep flapping my gums and you seem oblivious.

If it works....meaning the troop push...it's means we killed off the enemy to numbers that are of no consequence.

If we fail...and leave...ends life as we know it and begins survival.

Not you not see my point?
Navigator7

Postby Navigator7 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:26 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by An Appple Pie
[br]So, your argument is that the liberals in Hollywood have caused all these troubles of our world? Wow. That's like trying to say that the Jews started the Holocaust. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ok...you made me change my ways....I left out the Hollywood insert....as truly...all of liberalism, not just Hollywood should get credit for bring the enemy to our shores.

D'Souzes word ring like a bell to me...I imagine it sound like a dull thunk to you.
Navigator7

Postby BewareOfDog » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:05 am

Geez,
aturner with his double-posting double talk and Mr.Plow posting pictures from almost 24 years ago :?:

I'm bowing out of this topic and will better spend my time making a new foil helmet.
BewareOfDog

Postby Mr.Plow » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
If we fail...and leave...ends life as we know it and begins survival.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm not so sure. We're doing fine now even though we lost Vietnam. You sound a lot like Ronald Reagan back in '64 when he said:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
We are at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it has been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If I had told you that GWB had just said that very quote last night, how much would you have doubted it? I sure wouldn't... that kind of political rhetoric is timeless.

And for DR...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Mr.Plow posting pictures from almost 24 years ago<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Considering the talk about <i>pirates</i> from centuries ago, I find it amusing that you criticise me for pointing out that OUR GOVERNMENT played an ACTIVE role in the formation of this very problem with which we are confronted today! But hey, if you don't think our previous meddling in the Middle East has in any way influenced the animosity we now feel from that area, feel free to continue to misunderstand the gravity of this situation. Ignorance is bliss?
Mr.Plow

Postby BewareOfDog » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:45 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>Originally posted by Mr.Plow
And for DR...</b>
..."Mr.Plow posting pictures from almost 24 years ago"
<b>Considering the talk about <i>pirates</i> from centuries ago, I find it amusing that you criticise me for pointing out that OUR GOVERNMENT played an ACTIVE role in the formation of this very problem with which we are confronted today! But hey, if you don't think our previous meddling in the Middle East has in any way influenced the animosity we now feel from that area, feel free to continue to misunderstand the gravity of this situation. Ignorance is bliss?</b>
Considering that OUR government is somehow responsible for EVERY problem that EVERY one seems to have these days, I find it equally amusing that there are those of you who would give 2 seconds of thought that our current occupation of Iraq would be have to be the subject of yet another 5 page long debate.

Ignorance MUST be bliss, as no one seems to fully understand that the real reason WHY most everything is ass-backwards, is because no one ever wants to take responsibility for fixing something that was [intercourse]ed up by someone else.

At the very least, I give our President some credit for attempting to fix something that was [intercourse]ed up long before he ever stepped foot into his office.

While most of you are busy psycho-analyzing potato-chuckin' forum nerds and playing with your Nintendo Wii, there are the select few who are busying themselves protecting this nations future.

All this talk about pirates, labeling and hurt feelings has been, (for the most part) vaguely entertaining. But now it would seem that you guys are actually dead serious about your "animosity", which is more towards our own government than it is toward our opponents in Iraq, or anywhere else for that matter.

BTW, my new foil helmet fits great! I'm going downstairs to warm it up in the microwave...
BewareOfDog

PreviousNext

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates