Subliminal Advertising

Postby spuzi14 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm

I guess you're right about the channels thing. I was looking through an old car magazine my dad had. I turned to a whiskey ad and decided to study it since the magazine was from the time you could find "stuff" that is conveniently drawn into pictures. Sure enough I found the main vein of the male genitals. It was drawn into a shadow on the ice. It really was pretty funny and I wish I could scan it and post it but to scan the picture I'd have to remove it from the magazine (my scanner is in the printer).
spuzi14

Postby Navigator7 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by clideI know the subconscious is a powerful thing, but I think you all are giving way too much credit to what subliminal advertising can do. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
If you can get 20% more people to buy popcorn at a 300 seat theatre...when they otherwise might not......it almost guarantees the sale of pop.

What if you get 1% of the people to buy something they otherwise wouldn't....like say on the Superbowl Sunday target audience?

I agree...subliminal advertising isn't gonna turn you into a mind numbed robot and cause you to end your life or someone else's.
It might lighten your wallet.
I think McDonalds has invested in subliminal advertising. I get my own Mac attacks on occasion.
;-)
Navigator7

Previous

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates