Capacitors + Driving = Bad

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby Bartman007 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Freefall
[br]you grabbed both electrodes? hopefully not with both hands, that's an easy way to get yourself killed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> It takes only one joule directly across the human heart to stop it...
Bartman007

Postby Snitz User » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:23 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Freefall
[br]you grabbed both electrodes? hopefully not with both hands, that's an easy way to get yourself killed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

right electrode with the palm of my right hand, left electrode with the palm of my left hand. Actually i got it on video, but i have no way to digitalize it
Snitz User

Postby Freefall » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:43 pm

you're lucky to still be here. I'm not surprised your heart skipped a couple of beats, and probably literally too. Gripping like that gives a current path straight through your chest. I've been zapped by a 25,000 volt cattle fence, but luckily it was just through my leg to ground. I was more surprised than hurt by it, but it certainly wasn't pleasant.
Freefall

Postby Snitz User » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:26 pm

Yea it usually is more surprise than pain, but this was different. I just felt really weird for like an hour after I did it. Like there was a weight on me or something. Kinda hard to explain the feeling. The thing that shocked me was actually only 220 something volts, but the amps were really high. I don't know, I probably wouldnt do it again unless I was drunk or something [:p] but it definitely looked really sweet on camera
Snitz User

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Freefall » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:35 pm

Electric fences are usually the other way around, with high voltage and low current for safety reasons. It's the current that kills. (.1 amps will kill)
Freefall

Postby boogieman » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spudchucker
[br]i have a 100,000 volt stun gun, and i dont know why so many people says it hurts, cause it really doesnt. I dont know maybe ive just been shocked so much that im used to it or something, but ive just never noticed any pain.

Now PAIN came from when for a dare, my friend took a out the control center for his electric fence and turned it to max power. I grabbed both electrodes. I swear i jumped atleast 5 feet back and my heart skipped two beats

100,000 isnt too bad, make sure you have fresh batteries, and it may hurt a little more, you sadistic person you[:p]
boogieman

Postby Snitz User » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:09 pm

[br]Electric fences are usually the other way around, with high voltage and low current for safety reasons. It's the current that kills. (.1 amps will kill)

Well this fence was supposed to be keeping in bulls, so maybe that has to do with somehting? I don't know why it was 220, but I clearly remember thats what it was (I see it every time I watch the video)

and about the stun gun. You bet I keep it fully charged :D I like to take it to the skate park to shock all the stoned people. They go crazy cause they dont know whats happening to them [:p]
Snitz User

Postby PCGUY » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:04 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
and about the stun gun. You bet I keep it fully charged :D I like to take it to the skate park to shock all the stoned people. They go crazy cause they dont know whats happening to them

RMFAO! that's mean! lol.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby Bartman007 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:54 pm

[br]It's the current that kills. (.1 amps will kill)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I know that 10mA Neon Transformers running at 9kV can kill. Freefall, if possible, could you give me a voltage to go with that?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spudchucker
[br]I like to take it to the skate park to shock all the stoned people. They go crazy cause they dont know whats happening to them [:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Be careful, you can easily get yourself arrested for that. Oh wait, I'm talking to a spudgunner, he must have some common sense in him. Lemme check, Jon03 is that you?

Peace,
-Bartman007
Bartman007

Postby Snitz User » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:51 am

whos jon03? before my time or something?

and i do have common sense. There are spots in the park that are completely hidden that the people like to go to. And when i shock them, do you really think theyd go tell the cops??
Snitz User

PreviousNext

Return to Stories