Question for Strafer Builders

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby bmwsyc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:42 pm

My question is: do you think that the strafer design could be adapted for using paintballs instead of bb's? Or do you think the stresses would be too high and would end up as a paintball milkshake maker? Let the theories begin! Thanks,

Chris
bmwsyc

Postby SMOMW » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:05 pm

probably the milkshake... or a paintshake. whichever way you want to look at it.

you'd probably suceed in shooting out a stream of paint and ripped balls...

however this would be fun to do with reg. paint... shoot it out... hmm... make a paint flamethrower for games?
SMOMW

Postby clide » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:23 pm

It would also require a lot more flow then you would probably be able to produce. Unless you have one of the huge compressors they use to run jackhammers.
clide

Postby luckythirteen13 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:08 pm

i dont think the paintballs would explode. the only problem is the air. clide is right, it would take a HUGE air supply to make it work. it wouldnt realy be worth the effort
luckythirteen13

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Robbie » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:14 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by clide
[br]It would also require a lot more flow then you would probably be able to produce. Unless you have one of the huge compressors they use to run jackhammers.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It probobly wouldnt require that much more flow than that gumball machine gun that pacogoatboy made
Robbie

Postby Mad Splatter » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:14 pm

how bout a scuba tank, regged down to less than a hundred psi?
Mad Splatter

Postby kozak6 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:39 pm

Wouldn't a .40 cal be easiest to build and work better?
kozak6

Postby clide » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Robbie
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by clide
[br]It would also require a lot more flow then you would probably be able to produce. Unless you have one of the huge compressors they use to run jackhammers.
It probobly wouldnt require that much more flow than that gumball machine gun that pacogoatboy made

yeah, but doesn't his gun only shoot for a couple seconds with a fairly large air tank?
clide

Postby rammschtein » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:04 pm

Paintballs would break. No question about it.
Burnt Latke, I believe, mentions when he tried to reuse the bb's from his strafer, that the used bb's were slightly out of round, in other words, they didnt fit the barrel after being shot.
If metal bb's can be dented or what not by this contraption,
gelatin paintballs will be destroyed. I promise you.

Try it out if you like, but my vote is that the paintballs will break inside of it, i doubt many make it out of the barrel.
rammschtein

Postby rammschtein » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:06 pm

Also, the pressure required by such a machine would be much higher than required for bb's, or like the others mentioned, the flow would have to increase very significantly (probably +300-400 percent)
rammschtein

Next

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns