Bazooka

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
spud yeti
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:49 am

wow, its a lot more complex than i first anticipated it to be. Its really a decent setup.
really good quote/phrase here
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:54 am

Thanks, I will try that. I have to admit you are my favorite person on here. Always polite and helpful. I do have an issue with this"MrCrowley". But life goes on. By the way, did you see my jeep and cannon? I posted it in the album?
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:57 am

Oh, I also want to thank Spud Yetti. Another great guy.
fred
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:09 pm

One problem I found Jack, if I call call you that. The first cannon I built without a spring, I had to charge the chamber first. Than I rammed the ammo down the barrel which had a tendency to push the piston back and fire the gun prematurely. With the spring the I can load first than inject the air. Seems much safer.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Politeness costs nothing and what's a forum for if not to help your fellow hobbyist? MrCrowley is just as nice a bloke but being a moderator is sometimes forced to to approach manners differently. I had seen your jeep cannon, i think I had commented on that thread :)

Also just to clarify, this is the modification I recommend for your design (though I'm sure you had already understood)

edit:
The first cannon I built without a spring, I had to charge the chamber first. Than I rammed the ammo down the barrel which had a tendency to push the piston back and fire the gun prematurely. With the spring the I can load first than inject the air. Seems much safer.
the difference in area between the piston and the calibre is about 0.44 square inches, this means that at 110 lbs of pressure there's a force of almost 50lbs keeping the piston shut by air pressure alone, so it would take a real lot of force to open it prematurely, still very safe in my book unless you use it at much lower pressures.
Attachments
piston mod.JPG
piston mod.JPG (23.62 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
pneumaNINJA
Private 2
Private 2

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:50 pm

That is simply gorgeous. One of the best camo jobs i have seen in a along while.
Billy Bob
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:14 am

WTF :shock:

The prinicip how it work is awesome !

VIDEO please :wink:
thrasmussen
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:33 pm

All I can say is WOW! :shock: Great job!
BigGrib
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Great job on the whole deal. I have only ever made combustion guns before so this whole thing is greek to me, but it definatley looks like a killer gun. Also love the "Do Not Stand Behind Gun" label there.

BigGrib
Yea, that's definitely going to get you at least a tazer.
<a href="">DONT TAZE ME BRO.. DONT TAZE ME... AHHHH</a>
facebook.com/biggrib