Trident Antenna Launcher

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
frankrede
Sergeant Major 2
Sergeant Major 2

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 pm

soda bottles aren;t that brittle when pressurized unlike pvc so it wouldn;t be that bad.
Current project: Afghanistan deployment
chrissilverman
Recruit
Recruit

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:04 am

the cannon was tight till i saw the soda bottles use pvc don't be stupid for looks and you can take it to higher psi
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:10 am

chrissilverman wrote:the cannon was tight till i saw the soda bottles use pvc don't be stupid for looks and you can take it to higher psi
In this case, they were taken to relatively low pressure which is well within the limites of pressures at which such bottles are manufactured to:
I have personally tested the chamber above up to 90psi without any visible signs of stress, but I don't intend to use it above 60psi in the field. The tallest tree we shot this year (over 100ft) only required the use of 45psi pressure.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
THUNDERLORD
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:32 pm

I really like the chamber on this thing.
And it has found a commercial use as well.
I am thinking of a chamber similar.
But with 2-liter bottles and pvc ball valves seperating them for multiple shot capability.