Black Hole... My first Cannon

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.

Paint color?

Flat Black.
64%
Grey.
7%
White over the purple.
29%

Total votes: 14
CuddlyBurrito
Private 2
Private 2

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:17 am

ok i put a block of milled wood between the barrel. and i can notice a little faster response. but i have a big question. i am going to replace the dwv fittings with some pressure rated ones and i wanted to know if there is any way to remove the fittings with keeping some pipe?
MrCrowley

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:40 am

Cut a slit down the DWV fitting where it meets the pipe and then use a screw driver and hammer to removie it. Then clean the pipe and apply new fittings with primer and glue.
tansit234
Private 3
Private 3

Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:43 am

Yeah DWV scares me to no end, I've had a beat up PW tee fail. 2 inch tank tee at 90 psi. I was behind a garage door turned blast shield for that test though. I would recommend those things get replaced, they may hold pressure but if they get dinged or scratched all bets are off. Good though, I like the tank ratio and the valve, wasn't until my third cannon that I went modded orbit. Oh and in the future you can save yourself some money with a 4 pack of rubber tire stems and pulling them through a proper size hole, and they bend a little instead of denting. And about a short vent pipe, those valves operate on a pressure difference in order to fire, so the pressure difference is either there or not, the volume behind that diaphram is nil, I have most of mine on a 1/8" line or a direct connection with a 1/8" elbow. Get some cheap chinese hole saws and scrap 2x4 for spacer blocks. I think it looks awsome though, keep it up.