BIP Sniper (build in pump)

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:35 am

ooh yes I like the new pics you have uploaded. Sort of makes me think it might be marble gun time at my house.... 8) ...little diversion maybe...
BlackH
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:51 am

Yes me to, I'm going to a farm next week so shoot all you want NICCEEE!!

Edit: I have posted this already: I have removed the spring from my sprinkler and it closes nicely and opened 1 hell of a way could this be harmful to the diafram?
Breaking stuff with a Big Bang haven’t been this much fun!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/bh-2400 ... 14078.html
Fat Joe 91
Private 2
Private 2

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 am

nice marble sniper it looks destructive :twisted:
Mitchza89
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 am

BlackH wrote:Yes me to, I'm going to a farm next week so shoot all you want NICCEEE!!

Edit: I have posted this already: I have removed the spring from my sprinkler and it closes nicely and opened 1 hell of a way could this be harmful to the diafram?
Nah mate it shouldn't hurt the valve at all. It will just increase the flow, and the opening time. Both huge pluses in my book :D.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:33 am

Mitchza89 wrote:It will just increase the flow, and the opening time. Both huge pluses in my book :D.
I thought decreasing opening time was plus ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Mitchza89
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:38 am

Bah....that was what I mean't.. Yeah I reckon it's time for me to go to bed... hahaha

I can see you've got some good experience with pistons so why not stick in a piston valve to replace the sprinker valve? the increase in performance would be very, very high.....and make your pump a bit more practical (you wouldn't need more then 80 or so psi for a strong shot)

Just an idea mate :D
Attachments
untitled.JPG
Intel Xeon
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Well GGDT's algorithms aren't exactly accurate at high(er) pressures, so you won't get those figures... but it'll be fast, nonetheless.

Also, remember that if you make the chamber bigger, you will need a larger barrel to compensate. Pneumatic guns don't suffer the problem of pressure only lasting a fraction of a second, so you have maintained pressure. The ideal barrel length is chamber volume x BAR. However this would be unrealistically long and pressures tend to fluctuate from launch to launch. get a nice long barrel on there though if you're operating at 90 PSI.
BlackH
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:08 am

Yes that is why I left the piece of blue pipe over at the t-joint so that I can insert a female strew in cap thing to make my piston fit in there, will soon happen. Going to visit the parents and my dad has his own building company and he has allllllll the tools, darn!!

Thanks for all the answers guys! (Intel Xeon, Mitchza89-for the valve answer and pic)

Mitchza89 I was thinking now if I use a piston valve and the air is pumped in the way I do now with the air coming from the chamber side of the valve and not from behind the valve would I have to put a spring behind the valve?

Here is a few more pics and a shot at 30m

EDIT: did a little mod on the gun to look like my plans.
Attachments
Old pc box, now with air holes hahaha
Old pc box, now with air holes hahaha
Pic!-0041.jpg
All the working guns
All the working guns
Pic!-0043.jpg
Breaking stuff with a Big Bang haven’t been this much fun!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/bh-2400 ... 14078.html