Quick Dump Valve

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
dewey-1
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:49 am

Labtecpower wrote:I'm thinking of making one, with a friend of mine. What sort of size do you suggest for a first build?
I can send you Techs marshmellow cannon, the one you see that is a 3D drawing. It will be in AutoCad dwg file if you want it.

I created it and if Tech does not mind I can email it to anyone requesting it.

That way you can get accurate dimensions.
Labtecpower
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
Eritrea

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 pm

That would be great! it's a working concept, and I don't like building things that don't work :wink:
Altough I dont think tech minds about it, because of his tutorials on youtube. But i'll wait for his confirmation :)

And, if building one, I will probably make vent holes on the pilot area of the valve, because I saw the orange shot with the "air spring" effect.
Would this make the valve even faster, and if it does, would it require a better bumper? i'm going to use tempur foam as a bumper, as it dampens shocks great, and is specially designed for an even pressure distribution.

And another question; If I open the valve with a spring, would this improve valve speed even more?
I'm also thinking of making a nose cone on top of the valve to prevent air turbulence. I want the air flow in the barrel to be supersonic.
As far as I know, supersonic airflow behaves very different, compared to subsonic. So, maybe im going to do some calculations with some fluid-dynamics program.
Last edited by Labtecpower on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

dewey-1 wrote:
Labtecpower wrote:I'm thinking of making one, with a friend of mine. What sort of size do you suggest for a first build?
I can send you Techs marshmellow cannon, the one you see that is a 3D drawing. It will be in AutoCad dwg file if you want it.

I created it and if Tech does not mind I can email it to anyone requesting it.

That way you can get accurate dimensions.
Confirmation provided. I posted the details to share with the community. Enjoy.

The Youtube video was not a How to Make it. The Youtube video was specifically a How it Works instead so variation can be built as needed.

In addition to the Youtube video, many of the measurements are provided on this site.