10+ Gallon (Now With Damage Videos!)

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.

This cannon is...

Simply a BEAST!!
55%
I wish mine was that big!!
21%
Pfft I've made bigger from spare parts...
24%

Total votes: 29
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Hmmm... I can actually see a way fabbing that would be possible.... out of steel plate that is. I'm going to draft one up, I'll post a pic up here to see what you guys think then.

Thanks for the pic btw - JSR

and a few moments later I've come up with this.

Voila!

Distant shot of 10 gallon with the muzzle brake on a 10 foot barrel
close up transperancy shot with baffles. I went with a curved plate of 3/32" steel plate (.09) for ease of fabrication, if anyone thinks this may be too thin, let me know. The holes will be 3.5" all the way through, giving a gap between ammo and baffle of about .25" - let me know if this is too big of a gap for a bore this size (if anyone has any reasonable evidence supporting their reason for this, I'd also like to know that, as I don't personally know the physics behind muzzle brakes other than the basics... and they look cool on a m107 lol).
Biggie
Recruit
Recruit

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:01 pm

This thread is kinda old but I wanted to know if I could get the solid works assembly of the valve. I take a production engineering class at a Tech Center and I am building a similar cannon for my senior project. Only difference is the use of elbows and some different frame work for the stand. It will have 3" porting in a 4" cross with dual 10' 4" chambers with a 15'-20' 2.5" barrel. I will also be using Solid Works 2009 and am also curious on some of the parts how you made the elbows and what not. I have tried making a bike frame and took the lazy way out and filleted everything. Could I cheat like I did with the frame making PVC fittings, or should I use another feature? You made a great cannon and it a huge inspiration for my senior project.

If you could offer me any help or insight that would be great.