Judge Dredd

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:37 am

Insomniac wrote:Indeed, some would even go so far as to say that it is required.
As in this case, for the 1" barrel the equivalent length of 3" chamber has 9 times the volume, so in this case chamber to barrel ratio is a massive 4.5:1, talk about overkill :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 am

Taking colors from the picture, I found these to be the most common...

The picture of course being judge dredd.
Insomniac
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:05 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Indeed, some would even go so far as to say that it is required.
As in this case, for the 1" barrel the equivalent length of 3" chamber has 9 times the volume, so in this case chamber to barrel ratio is a massive 4.5:1, talk about overkill :D
Yes, but the chamber still has the same volume as the chamber. :wink:
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:10 am

Insomniac wrote:Yes, but the chamber still has the same volume as the chamber. :wink:
*blink*

Duly edited *sigh* :roll: :?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
tonnor
Private
Private

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks for the help.But still have questions.Is two feet long enuf to launch a tennis ball.Is twice the volume of the barrel enuf or to much.I seen a launcher for tennis balls to raise antennas and he is using 16 ''barrel at 2.5'' and 8'' comb at 4''.He claims 100 to 150 feet.Would a longer barrel longer comb chamber make a difference.I am looking at geardogs post from 11/13/2009 and this is about the idea i had or mine.Does it work well and how long of a barrel and comb chamber did you use.thanks again
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Insomniac wrote:
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Insomniac wrote: Yes, but the chamber still has the same volume as the chamber. :wink:
That make sense to me but.... I live on the west side of the equator where everything makes sense.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 pm

velocity3x wrote:That make sense to me but.... I live on the west side of the equator where everything makes sense.
Including the phrase "West of the equator", apparently.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
velocity3x wrote:That make sense to me but.... I live on the west side of the equator where everything makes sense.
pwnd!!!

Anyway, about your the longer barrel and or chamber, a longer barrel is almost always more powerful, as is a larger chamber. Eventually, you run into diminishing returns, especially in terms of range. At the extreme end, you will get a few feet extra range from a few more feet of barrel.

I recommend GGDT.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Genuinely pwnd! :D
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Including the phrase "West of the equator", apparently.
ramses .....pwnd!!!
jackssmirkingrevenge..... Genuinely pwnd!
As I've been a Civil Engineer for 39 years, I assure you that I'm quite aware of the magnetic bearing of the equator but, this is the first time ANYONE has EVER taken my "west" statement seriously. I didn't think it was possible until now, however... I do thank you for stepping up to enlighten me.....lol :P :lol: :lol:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 am

velocity3x wrote:this is the first time ANYONE has EVER taken my "west" statement seriously.
Trust spudfiles to provide a loving home to the sort of pedants who would notice :D I love this site :)
MrCrowley

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:24 am

The dangers of not using an emoticon... :roll:
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:07 pm

velocity3x wrote:this is the first time ANYONE has EVER taken my "west" statement seriously.
If you were counting on no-one taking it seriously on the basis that it sounded too ridiculous for anyone to actually say seriously - I should tell you that I've heard people say far stupider things and mean them.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
tonnor
Private
Private

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Me again back from lowes and the local hardware store.They do not sell 4 inch pressure rated pvc only foam core which i believe wont work.Is this correct?I figure i need about 16 inches for my air chamber.Anyone have any ideas?I bought the largest pressure rated pvc which is 1.5 inch.Now with a 24 inch 2.5 barell i will have to run three lengths to make up for no 4 inch.I think this will look dumb.Can anyone enlighten me on how else to do this .Thanks again.