Old Bessy Sureshot [with a vid]

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:56 am

Looks sweet :o

How about jelly rubber or an extension spring to replace the rubber bands?

Excellent :twisted:
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
AdiabaticManiak
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 am

yes, replacing the rubber bands might seem like a obvious way of improving this construction; but in a matter of fact, the rubber bands are here to stay.

I can easily adjust the hammers striking force by adding or subtracting a rubber band, to configure the gun for different pressures used. And Also; I tried a few springs; and they make a messy noise. So I´ll stick to the rubber bands. I like the stub short sound of the gun going off.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Nicely done :) repeating mechanisms are always better appreciated in motion.
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm very impressed!!

This is some very inspiring stuff!!
Glad to see somebody tinkering with actual hammer and trigger type guns.
Mix Old Shatterhand and Old Bessy up and you'll have my dream gun!

With this much progress made I sure hope you'll make a Mark II..

Is it possible to try a tube mag running lengthwise under the barrel??

Now that I think about it...It's not that hard to put a lever on Old shatterhand to operate both the hammer and the bolt...
It's just a matter of finding a good reliable way of feeding the ammo.I'd just hate to put a T-mag on there....

Oh...any plans for a pump action version?..same basics.. 8)
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Brian the brain wrote: This is some very inspiring stuff!!
Glad to see somebody tinkering with actual hammer and trigger type guns.
Mix Old Shatterhand and Old Bessy up and you'll have my dream gun!
Erm, a repeating, rear loading, underlever, hammer valve, qev'd, brass, semi steampunk (no, not the hot glue random crap onto stuff, the better type), high pressure...thing?

Nothing wrong with the rubber bands I guess; easy adjustment for power and there's no reason they couldn't be removed for a nice shelf model..

And I spy one of those valves on an old compressor tank I've got..
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
AdiabaticManiak
Private 2
Private 2

Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:33 am

I´m glad The gun is found inspiring. It was quite fun building it. Perhaps there will be a mk II. perhaps not at all. It kinda depends on what parts i found laying around the farm.

the >>thing>> inonickname mumbles about sounds fun., and yes it´s a common part. do you spy any custom hammers and welded tank as well? in that case; you can build your own replica ^^.

concerning the mag lengthwise; yes. that was a original idea; but the tube wasn't flex enough to let me do that. A small copper 90 degree bend would do the trick though. Might me a later add on. Well see about that.