brass over under UPDATE WITH DAMAGE

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 pm

honnesty the gun will prolly stay as and maybe swich to a qc over a shrader. a fiber optic sight is a definate no and maybe a air rifle scope. but most of my money is going to be saved right now for next gun. this time big bore, such as a .625in barrel :lol: that 400psi and 6ft barrel is gonna make one hell of a gun

and if you wanna make some 1/4inch finned darts go right head, but im not gonna take the time to make something that small that might now last more than 1 shot.
also how would a dart be too much better than the commercial .22 pellets?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 pm

c11man wrote:how would a dart be too much better than the commercial .22 pellets?
In terms of accuracy and muzzle energy, I doubt it would be much of a match. The advantage would be in sheer range and penetration, ue to better retained velocity, but in such a small calibre it's not really worhtwhile.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:34 pm

yeah i know of the advantages of a dart but for pure accuracy i dont feel like it would be worthwhile
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:12 pm

c11man wrote:yeah i know of the advantages of a dart but for pure accuracy i dont feel like it would be worthwhile
Well i guess im caught up in my project that i wan others to feel the joy of hitting long range targets. Btw my LRR (Long Range Rifle) will be built once im done with the prototype which im still testing.
Yeah, it's that important.