6mm Coaxial - Part 2

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun May 02, 2010 12:50 am

Good stuff, though 100 psi is an insult for this thing :P

I would definitely sleeve the whole barrel with thicker pipe, no need to go the whole hog with baffles to make a suppressor, just drill a few holes in the muzzle and the large volume will do the rest :) don't forget than any air that doesn't go straight out of the muzzle is cutting down on recoil.

Instead of a stock (since the thing is already bloody long enough :roll:) which not just add a pistol grip forward of the blowgun with a rod to operate the lever? Then all you'd need is a buttpad et voila, anti-materiel rifle style :)

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Sun May 02, 2010 1:03 am

though 100 psi is an insult for this thing
Yeah, I'm a bit anxious about getting my fridge compressor setup up and running. Instead of plinking at 100PSI (fill, load, shoot, repeat) from my air compressor, i'll be plinking at 350-450PSI :shock:
I would definitely sleeve the whole barrel with thicker pipe
I would like to but I can't find any pipe the right size yet. This thin brass pipe makes it impossible to breech load because if you cut a hole in it for the projectile it probably can't support itself.
Instead of a stock (since the thing is already bloody long enough ) which not just add a pistol grip forward of the blowgun with a rod to operate the lever? Then all you'd need is a buttpad et voila
I've found another hose so I can move the blowgun forward and under the chamber. Then I just need a buttpad. I'm still thinking about adding a rod for the blowgun, the whole trigger motion moves the gun too much.

Keep the ideas rolling :P
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun May 02, 2010 1:20 am

It could be any old DWV pipe to sleeve the barrel, it won't be under much stress anyway.
MrCrowley wrote:I've found another hose so I can move the blowgun forward and under the chamber.

Bigger pilot volume makes JSR cry
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Sun May 02, 2010 1:40 am

It could be any old DWV pipe to sleeve the barrel, it won't be under much stress anyway.
Oh do you mean to sleeve over the copper? Is there a reason you want it a bigger diameter if that is the case haha?
Bigger pilot volume makes JSR cry
It wont be much more. 1/8" NPT threads, hose rated for 4500PSI. You couldn't pass a kidney stone through this thing :wink:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun May 02, 2010 1:49 am

MrCrowley wrote:Oh do you mean to sleeve over the copper? Is there a reason you want it a bigger diameter if that is the case haha?
I was thinking along the lines of this suggestion.

You couldn't pass a kidney stone through this thing :wink:
I wouldn't put it past you to have tried that out :D
MrCrowley

Sun May 02, 2010 2:00 am

Problem is that I can't remove the copper shroud without messing up a lot of sh|t (in other words; it's epoxied). What I could do is drill through the copper (shroud) and brass (barrel) and then use a larger diameter pipe to cover the holes in the copper and brass tubes. So it'd look like this:

Tomorrow I'll look at using a lever for the blowgun, possibly moving the blowgun forward, scope mounts, the silencer idea and the buttpad thingy. :P
I wouldn't put it past you to have tried that out
It was an accident. Just ask Tiger, he knows all about misplacing his club and balls :wink: