My Golf Ball Cannon.

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
hyperspaz
Private
Private

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:22 pm

@jdp12 for a bumper? Do you mean like a part of a tennis ball? My valve is only 2"...
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Don't use a raquet ball, I've tried and they will break... Tennis balls work well for a while. Cut one in half and use a hole saw to make a big hole in the middle. Then cut a slice out of it sideways to make the circumference less and it will fit in the 2" valve.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:51 pm

That bumper may or may not be doing much good, being so thin. Half of a tennis or racquetball ball should work, You're looking for anything that's springlike, but won't bounce your piston shut on itself.

Oh the tape wrappings... they never survive long if you move to metal fittings and high pressures. Enjoy them whilst you can.
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 pm

I feel like something is missing from this thread..

Damage video?
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
hyperspaz
Private
Private

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Okay, here it is: a damage video

[youtube][/youtube]

Oh and btw saefroch, my friend said that from inside my house about 30 feet away, he had to strain to hear my cannon fire at 80 psi.
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm

hyperspaz wrote:my friend said that from inside my house about 30 feet away, he had to strain to hear my cannon fire at 80 psi.
W00t! I mentioned spudguns in an interview, and it turned out that one of the guys there was an old-time spudder, he knew about QEVs and such. He called pneumatics "silent death," guess we know why now.

That's a pretty sick damage video, every time I see something like that it makes me want to get into larger bores, just because of the greater muzzle energy. The only thing that's stopped me so far is recoil fear (The trident with a heavy projectile kicks a LOT)... that and a slight lack of funds.
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

The advantage with large bore air cannons is you can chicken out and start with low pressure and work up to high pressure and heavier projectiles. After a morning shooting apples, oranges, limes, spuds, soda cans, and such I finally braved shooting a full Gatoraid. It didn't knock me over as I knew it would kick hard. I did get a bruise. it fit the 3 inch barrel very nicely.

Landing of the gatoraid bottle almost 300 yards downrange.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:14 am

hyperspaz wrote:Okay, here it is: a damage video
Very nice :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 am

thank you.. the thread is much more full now ;)
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "