MMK-3 French QDV airgun

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Mimikool
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:01 pm

JSR, the epoxy man :D You no have hands that stick sometime.. after 5minute to intense activity?

Thanks, it's fot a french forum member, but he is afraid by the fact that the US standards are differents finally.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 pm

no problem, this member is french and he's is quite safe.
heres another from him.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:06 am

Crna Legija wrote:(well jsr did but he used epoxy :lol:)
Worth pointing out that he used epoxy badly when the fail occured.

Using epoxy correctly, he has been right up to 28x regularly without failure.

We will see if his use of epoxy will diminish as of next Friday :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:46 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:We will see if his use of epoxy will diminish as of next Friday :)
And WHY????
Mimikool
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 am

Hi, i made two new video yesteday, where i'm shooting 20mm diameter cylinder, and 6cm to long.

I'm limited to just over 200psi so i's not very very powerful yet...

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 am

Nice, I would wrap tape around the other end too, it will be more stable in the barrel and probably come out stronger.

I'm not sure of your backstop is adequate, especially if there is something behind that hedge that might be vulnerable to pieces of steel flying around at silly speeds ;)
saefroch wrote:And WHY????
Because of the Sherline :D but *gasp*, I mixed Araldite yesterday for the first time in weeks!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am

edit: double post :?
Last edited by jackssmirkingrevenge on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mimikool
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:21 am

You're right, but i wanted to put le center of gravity (i don't know how tell it otherwise) forward of the projectile. I'll try ;)

Yes i'm not sure too, but it's the backstop the strongest that i have, i knew it resist at lesat one shoot but the second has already fissure the last wood piece. The next shoot will brake it, and it's dangerous for behind.

I haven't got a crap dealer in my neighborhood, but i'll try to procure me a steel plate.
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Center of gravity is correct, actually. Placing the tape at the back of the projectile will help drag-stabilize it a little.

I got a steel plate at my local hardware store, did you try there?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Mimikool wrote:You're right, but i wanted to put le center of gravity (i don't know how tell it otherwise) forward of the projectile. I'll try ;)
It's not stable as it is, try it as per the below diagram with a hollow tail made of wider tape.
Mimikool wrote:I haven't got a crap dealer in my neighborhood, but i'll try to procure me a steel plate.
"scrap" ;) although several feet of manure would make a good, if malodorous, backstop :D
Attachments
stable.png
stable.png (2.65 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:47 pm

I will however add that I made a projectile that looked quite like the one in the diagram, but it failed to stabilize and impacted sideways, breaking in half. The solid piece must be very short and the hollow region very much longer. Mine were about equal, as in the diagram.