First pneumatic, 2" piston valve

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
boyce123
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:21 am

just to clear things up, the valve doesn't leak at all...the valve itself didn't and doesn't have any leaks, there was just a pinhole starting to form through the jb weld plug (at my highest pressures)where the solenoid used to be, so i just decided to cap it to ensure that it wouldn't leak any further. the tape is there to avoid having a zip tie where my had is (i did alot of the things recently to the cannon to make it more comfortable, as it was already fairly awkward to weild). I havn't noticed any drop in performance since i put the hose on, i think the idea behind that theory is the added pilot volume to the sprinkler valve will make it open slower, thus venting the cannons pilot slightly slower, yet i haven't seen anything thus far. i know some of what i've done thus far looks fairly ghetto (especially with zip ties), but its alot more comfortable (won't fly out of peoples hands anymore, it used to do that alot when it was hip fired) and functions fine, some i'm not to concerned with it, thats what black sray paint is for anyway... right? :D
mattyzip77
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
United States of America

Donating Members

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:06 am

Its all good jesse relax!! I gotta stop bustin chops around here. And I didnt say anything about the top of the valve. When that puppies painted it will look badass. Dont use cheap spraypaint get krylon fusion.
Go Bruins!!!!
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 am

i know, but i just dont wanna get blamed for stuff i didnt do lol