Marble MG ( UPDATED with video!!)

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu May 17, 2007 11:13 pm

goathunter wrote:Joannaardway and Hotwired, Don't be mean boys.I could barely understand perfectly good "English" when I was in London.The heavy accent of some people was just too much for me.
Accents aside, and allowing for "netspeak", the level of written English on this forum (and many others) can be atrocious - particularly considering that for many, English is the only language that people speak.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Ahh Accents,the killer of the English Language.I have seen subtitles used before on an Australian interview hosted on an American News Network,it isn't that hard to grasp our accent,is it?English accent is easy to follow I find just some vowels spoken differently and more prominent in different words is were I can get stuck on some words and mistake them for something else.

I must say the majority of people on this forum can type well and use good grama compared to some other forums out there and there isn't a whole lot of shortened net text used when you look about.
MrCrowley

Fri May 18, 2007 12:15 am

Haha yeah the Americans subtitled Mark Ingles(New Zealander) on a documentry called 'Everest' On the Discovery channel. How would you feel if we subtitled you guys :roll: I find American, Australian and English accents not that bad really, Asian accents are the ones that get me.(No offence ofcourse) Though I love it when a true Aussie says the word 'pool' :P
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

MrCrowley wrote:How would you feel if we subtitled you guys :roll:
That reminded me of this lolol

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Hotwired
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Fri May 18, 2007 4:31 am

Amusingly enough I was actually hinting more at ShowNoMercy completely misreading the "english" side of the gun control discussion.

S'all good though.

For future reference goathunter, Joannaardway is one of those rare people that aren't male on this forum... I'm sure she had it sigged at one point too.

I've seen that clip before but it's still hilarious :lol:
joannaardway
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Fri May 18, 2007 4:35 am

Hotwired wrote:For future reference goathunter, Joannaardway is one of those rare people that aren't male on this forum... I'm sure she had it sigged at one point too.
I did... but there wasn't space for both that and my rules of forum discussion.
Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 am

Got it now, joannaardway=girl Hotwired=?
I'm BSing ya Hotwired :wink: thanks for telling me.

And Jack, that terrorist vid is by far my favorite comedy clip.I've got that one saved to harddrive.
And to everyone,you haven't dealt with an accent until you've been to Africa. The combination of mixed English and Swahili in a low voice and heavily accented.I couldn't understand anyone in Kenya for my first week there.
SleekZ
Private 4
Private 4

Fri May 18, 2007 9:29 am

gee I didn't think there were any girls on here at all :oops:
soooo, how old are you joannaardway? 8)....haha nah I'm kidding!

I hate it when us Aussies subtitle Aboriginal people in documentaries/news etc, it's not like they only subtitle the ones who are difficult to understand, it's generally all of them; it's racist and I don't like it, yet we don't subtitle foreigners who actually ARE difficult to understand.
and the reason we don't subtitle American TV is because we get so friggin' much of it, that we're used to it now :evil:
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri May 18, 2007 10:14 am

Poor you, for the most part American TV shows are horrible.I only watch like 3 shows.Heroes,Jericho,and Lost.The only 3 worth watching.
ShowNoMercy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri May 18, 2007 10:28 am

Dont watch tv at all, it is just trying to nuetralize your thinking. Go out and blow shit up.
Jesus saves, no need to pray
The gates of pearl have turned to gold
It seems you've lost your way
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri May 18, 2007 11:07 am

The only American show I've managed to stomach since emerging from adolescence was Dexter.
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri May 18, 2007 12:02 pm

Dexter's laboratory.THE ALL TIME greatest show to ever come out of cartoon network.Man I loved watching that.Fueled my tendencies for world domination.Muhaha!(evil laugh and evil grin)Alas, they canceled it along with Johnny Bravo.
Definetly not as dark as the "Dexter" you refered to. :D

And shownomercy,my backyard can attest to my abilities to blow junk up.I've got so much shot up stuff in the woods. :twisted: