My First Pnuematic Paintball Spud Gun!! with VIDEO!

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 am

Wash Burn wrote:guys, why to use so long barrels? I heard that the first eight inches can already give you a good aim! If this is wrong tell me! :D
To elaborate a little on Frank's comment, longer barrels almost always equal higher velocity and thus better performance and accuracy. The projectile is simply under the influence of chamber pressure longer. How long any particular barrel actually is depends on requirements and practical issues such as weight and portability. Competition paint ball guns have a velocity limit that is very easily supported by fairly short barrels. If they aren't using the gun in competition, some choose to up their performance with a longer barrel.
Stifler69
Private 3
Private 3

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:44 am

Wow man thats awesome !!!!
really like the design with the electric piston valve trigger. do you know if its faster than a normal piston valve....

love the video especially, do the paintballs or marbles just drop in from the tube ?? and how much psi have u put in there to fire them all lol ??

Love it all though, great job
Major Pain