LOKI

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.

Should I Paint It?

Dude, what are you waitin for?
30%
Probably not, ya freak.
40%
AL GORE
30%

Total votes: 20
Flying_Salt
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:17 pm

loganphyve wrote:
Flying_Salt wrote:Have you thought of modding the blowgun valve? It helps it dump the air a lot faster.
I do not believe a modification would be absolutely necessary... The trigger used here is not a blowgun, rather a remote tire filler for big trucks. It is specifically designed to A) have a higher airflow due to less restriction (it has no blowgun style venturi), and B) hold pressure in both directions.
Oh ok I see it now. I thought it was a blowgun. I've never seen those tire fillers before, do you know if they're readily available in the States? Or did you just rip it off some truck?
sgort87 wrote: I hereby present Flying_Salt with The one and only <a href="http://www.geocities.com/sgort87/ghetto">Ghetto Award!</a>
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Nice gun, you should try hooking up a low pressure paintball reg. Save you the trouble of having to wait around for the little compressor to charge it.
Those things are as slow as heck.It also is fully portable if you use a 3.5oz.Co2 tank.
loganphyve
Private 2
Private 2

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:34 pm

FyingSalt Wrote:
I've never seen those tire fillers before, do you know if they're readily available in the States?
These are also available at harbor freight tools. There is one very close to my home. Lots of great stuff. some cheap import sh*t too. Just watch what you buy.
MORE INFO

goathunter wrote:
Nice gun, you should try hooking up a low pressure paintball reg. Save you the trouble of having to wait around for the little compressor to charge it.
Those things are as slow as heck.It also is fully portable if you use a 3.5oz.Co2 tank.
I had entertained the thought of using a paintball tank and regulator, although the cost was a consideration. I would have purchased a 20 or 32 oz tank (btw 3.5oz = WAY too small) and a in-tank regulator, which are pricy even for lower end brands. This compressor only takes about thirty seconds to reach 100PSI. It also gives me the option of not having to find a fill station every 10 minutes.

LoganPhyve
ÜberComputer Studios, Ltd.
"Seamless Technology Integration"