My New Toy - Tanaka Colt SAA .45 Casyopea

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:44 am

Interesting, one would think that if it were like a Brocock it would have seals which wear out with use and therefore replacements would be provided. Dismantling it aside, is there nothing in the instruction manual which suggests how the shells are made?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
ALIHISGREAT
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm just glad i got something that seems to be a "new classic" similar to the asahi m700. (exact same situation happened to them in the mid 90s)
make sure you keep it safe then :wink:

(and on a sidenote, i've never been able to find any images of the asahi 'blade' airsoft bullets...i wanted to see what they looked like for curiosities sake... but they don't appear to exist on the internet!))
ISA_Yoshi
Private 3
Private 3

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:15 pm

sorry. reading the quoted text makes me feel really stupid. It's the Asahi M40. They use the blade bullets. I only know of one person that has one, since most were destroyed.
there's a video of him using it (the M40 with the shells) go to scaar.at and look in the videos section of the website.

They work in a similar fashion. a custom pump forces air through a valve on the shell. this air is released with the trigger pull, propelling the bb.

he holds one of the actual blade bullets up in the video, but you can't see it very well.
newcomer
Private
Private

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:14 am

I don't think the blade bullets would have better ranged over back spinning bbs, but they definitely provide better flight stability IMO.

There is a company which produces bbs much like the blade bullet, with fins on the bb itself. I read from reviews it was a failure though. :lol:
ISA_Yoshi
Private 3
Private 3

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 pm

RAP4 makes the bbs with fins, but they're expensive and you have to buy two separate parts to the bb - the pellet (with fins), and a casing to fit each one in so they fit better into the mag. these casings get ejected, and replacing them would definitely get expensive

i contacted scaar again a few months ago about the blade bbs, but he must have just ignored the email.