pico BBMG - 1mm calibre HPA

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:38 pm

@JSR
who said you can't build a similar gun in 4.5 or 6mm calibre

EDIT
damn I don't remember posting it :D
Last edited by POLAND_SPUD on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 pm

:roll:

I suppose a real spudder doesn't need some poncy 'lectric turret to do his aiming for him eh?
Is there any chance this sentry will include a small speaker for projecting a cute little synthesized voice whilst it embeds countless metal fragments in someones skin?
Well it will be mounted fairly close to my PC, so the Portal effects will be there - to be honest I didn't even need to bother with the sentry gun, the voice alone accompanied by the ominous whirr of tracking servos is sufficient psychological deterrent as it is ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:52 am

Wow, today really isn't my day. After blowing up a hybrid, I went to console myself by testing the new version of the 1mm BBMG. I loaded about 4000 rounds and decided to see how long it would take to empty the chamber in a single burst...

[youtube][/youtube]

Clucking bell!

I think I'm going to hang up the bent barrel as a reminder, MAKE SURE THE EPOXY IS FULLY CURED!!!
Attachments
The barrel embedded a good 1/8" into the wooden board, with the other end of the plug still connected to the paintball tank
The barrel embedded a good 1/8" into the wooden board, with the other end of the plug still connected to the paintball tank
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 am

it seems you can start your own failblog :D

I hate to be that dude who is saying the same thing over and over again... but don't you think that metal fittings might have some advantages ? :wink:

Get a bunch of fittings and you'll see what I am talking about
No need to wait 48 hrs - join a few fittings together and that's it
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:14 am

The arguments for fittings certainly seem strong, but there's nothing wrong with high strength adhesives - one only has to use them properly :roll:
Insomniac
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 am

The barrel and chamber looks like some kind of abstract sculpture... sell it to a gallery and it could fund your epoxy supply for decades to come!
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:56 am

POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:59 am

The arguments for fittings certainly seem strong, but there's nothing wrong with high strength adhesives - one only has to use them properly
Which is why we've never seen even one all metal gun that failed yet roughly 30-50% of your prototypes explode violently ? :D
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:46 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:roughly 30-50% of your prototypes explode violently
Oh come on, it's nowhere near that number :P and in every case it's happened so far, it's either due to insufficient curing time or severe underestimation on the part of yours truly of the forces that will be generated.