Step by step to building a cheap oak stock

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
ThornsofTime
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 pm

so yeah... my background is in custom jewelry making, and I see that there are a LOT of "pipes n valve" how-to threads... but almost NO "art how-to" threads. I am currently building a small bore cannon (40cal pneumatic) and would like to finish it before biting off more projects (yes I will post pics/damage/vid after completion), but im all about makin some instructables after.

I think probably the first on the list will be etching brass and copper plate as it really adds visual value to everything.

FAIR WARNING= it is both a blessing and a curse to be an artist... on one hand there is the amassing satisfaction of others complementing your work... on the other hand... some projects will consume your soul (aka endless hours/days designing and crafting)...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:07 am

ThornsofTime wrote:I see that there are a LOT of "pipes n valve" how-to threads... but almost NO "art how-to" threads.
I don't dabble in art as much as I used to, these days one tends to appreciate beauty in function, "pretty is as pretty does" ;)

Still, one doesn't mind a bit of artistry if well executed, these Russian bullpup stocks spring to mind :D

You might already be aware of his creations, but I think the work of Gary Barnes is right up your alley.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

HOLY @^$@%* Those guns make me want to #$&^$%& myself. Thanks for sharing :shock: :lol:
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Gun Freak wrote:HOLY @^$@%* Those guns make me want to #$&^$%& myself. Thanks for sharing :shock: :lol:
Nice post, definitely one of your better ones. @Jsr, quite frankly, the amount of creativity and ingenuity the artist built into that stock is simply breathtaking. I usually get a great deal of enjoyment out of these gems that you find. This one is going in my bookmarks for sure.
Yeah, it's that important.