simi-autmatic pen shooter

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Codizzle69
Private 2
Private 2

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:44 am

irwinner wrote:at our school we had an assembuly for something like that, everyone started to shooting hornets (paper folded up a bunch of times) we would wait for the teacher to start writing some thing on the board and shoot them. it was funny the teachers didnt notice the kids yelling in pain they noticed all the hornets on the floor... good times, good times
LOL!! yea i remember those, on the bus too... damn bob isles :o
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:09 pm

I'm just gonna kick this up because I've got something to say, and I didn't realize this topic when it first started.

Back in the day, (8th grade), we started to get bored. Big kids on campus, nothing to do, waiting to go to high school... it all started to take a toll on us.

Eventually, my friend perfected his design for a high powered Mardi Gras bead shooter. For those of you unfamiliar with Mardi Gras, they throw, (mostly), colored beads about 8mm in diameter, (just a guess), that are attached along a string that you can wear around your neck.

Every year, around Mardi Gras, the typical John Q. Retards would start bringing them to school, tear off about a bead at a time, and start throwing them across the room.

So... what way for a bunch of nerds to survive, except by building something that would shoot the beads even faster :?:

The design was just a pen tube with an I.D. of 8mm. He crafted a doweling pin, which was wrapped in a lot of a thin strip of duct tape at the back to stop it from flying through the tube.

Then, a heavy postage rubber band was attached to outside of the pen and then to the firing pin. The pin was pulled back, and a bead muzzle loaded. Then, you let go and the thing shot a little purple plastic bead about 20 yards.

Eventually, the idea caught on. By the end of the month, about 5 people owned a bead shooter.

Ammo was stockpiled. Mardi Gras beads were cut at super-industry rates and put into tuppeware containers that were brought to school.

The "shoot-outs" occuring at lunch and in the morning attracted more people. By the end of that week, it was getting out of hand.

Eventually, the teachers got tired. One such occasion was in English class, when our teacher made us stand up and empty out all of our pockets.

And then, finally, action was taken. The principals held an assembly. Everybody was told to get rid of the things and never bring them to school again. If you were caught with one, or anything similar, you would be suspended, and possibly expelled, (if you were shooting it at anybody).

So, 8th grade ended. Summer passed away in a frenzy of explosions and smoke for me and my buddy.

Then, it was off to Freshmen year at High School.

It wasn't but a few weeks before my buddy wheeled out the new and improved version. A hollow firing pin, longer barrel, and stronger rubber bands allowed faster velocities. Several incidents of beads flying into the horns of the band during a pep-rally peaked the fiasco.

Then, at lunch, it all ended.

My friend's launcher was getting a little weak. The rubber bands were wearing out, and one of them had popped already. Velocities were down.

The last shot was fired at Kieth at 12:30 P.M. of that day. The bead bounced off the wall and bounced gently past Coach Beaudreax.

He was suspended for three days.

So, as you can see, these things CAN get you in trouble. We used to have "pen launchers" that shot the ink cartridge out of cheap Dollar General pens using a rubber band. Eventually, these got too many people in trouble as well.

My tip is to just follow the damn rules. :roll:
ProfessorAmadeus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:17 pm

We use spit ball launcers with a rubber glove finger attached to the top of bottle that was cut off. Using air soft bbs it leaves welts larger than shoot an AS gun at close range.
Insomniac wrote:Hey why am I a goose???? Why not somthing a little more awe inspireing, like an eagle or something? LOL
SOO CUTE!! OMG!! I COULD JUST LICK YOU!!
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 pm

kids at my school shoot airsoft bb's out of small pixie stick tubes pen tubes,and barrels removed from there airsoft guns

EDIT; yay, I have 250 posts!!
Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
ProfessorAmadeus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:15 pm

Thats a really good idea. consiling it in a pixie stick tube. Could you imagine (sp) a miny coaxile that could fit in one.
Insomniac wrote:Hey why am I a goose???? Why not somthing a little more awe inspireing, like an eagle or something? LOL
SOO CUTE!! OMG!! I COULD JUST LICK YOU!!
pyromanic13
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:02 pm

kids at my school make a paper tube, then make a paper dart (it's a blow gun) they'd actually go pretty far..
zeigs spud
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:34 pm

frogy wrote:Lol...

All it is is a mechanical pencil and you break the thing where you break it off by the tip and then you stick a rubber band over the eraser, pull it back, put something in the pencil tube, and then let go....

These things hurt like a son of a [female doggy] :D
seriously...i've made hundreds of them. there not wepons just anoying to others. just don't hit someones eye and don't let the teacher see it. there fun but get old.
comradeiggy
Recruit
Recruit

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 pm

haha we had the same problem and noone cared until they started putting paperclips in the end. the teachers were FURIOUS when they saw those things stuck to the ceiling, and from then on you could get suspended for having a rubber band
stalker
Private
Private

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:55 pm

ya same here we called them V Darts.

AND would some one plz explain the instructions in detail Plz :mrgreen:
Rock On!
beebs111
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:18 pm

this topic is dead, and also as i always say, if you can figure it out, THEN DONT FUCKIN'G BUILD IT!!!!!!!!!!
in the upcoming presidential election, there will be several candidates who will be running, one of whom is Hillary Clinton. Now WAIT A SECOND!!! I though there was some sort of rule that prevented someone from serving more than two terms in office. Vote Against Hillary: Presidential Elections 08
Flying_Salt
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 pm

So you mean something like this?
Attachments
This is my year-old one from 7th grade.
This is my year-old one from 7th grade.
beebs111
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:46 am

if that can stick into walls then yes
in the upcoming presidential election, there will be several candidates who will be running, one of whom is Hillary Clinton. Now WAIT A SECOND!!! I though there was some sort of rule that prevented someone from serving more than two terms in office. Vote Against Hillary: Presidential Elections 08
Flying_Salt
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:00 am

It hasn't stuck in a wall, but I have made visible dents in drywall
upit14
Private
Private

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:46 am

singularity wrote:at our school we had an assembuly for something like that, everyone started to shooting hornets (paper folded up a bunch of times) we would wait for the teacher to start writing some thing on the board and shoot them. it was funny the teachers didnt notice the kids yelling in pain they noticed all the hornets on the floor... good times, good times
\
Me and my buddy shot out all the vertical hanging blinds on one side of our class room with those things over a 2 month span. Then we shot the teacher when she wasnt looking. Yes it was horrible, I see that now, but it was so freken halarious at the time.(especialy since our teacher was a getto-fied sheman.
Flying_Salt
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:42 pm

Yeah I've done hornets too. They tend to curve sometimes through.