Remote Ignited DWV Advanced Combustion

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
DYI
First Sergeant 5
First Sergeant 5
Antigua & Barbuda

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:22 pm

ipaintball:Yes I know that it is common belief that ABS tears but that is not how it happened when my spray and pray went boom a year ago.
What happened to the spray'n'pray that went boom? Even my standard ABS barrel failing at a 500psi shock load just tore a 12" long strip off the side. Was there anything tapped into the chamber wall or fittings?
Spudfarm: DYI's barrel was solid core, like the chamber of this gun but unlike the potato barrel.
Yes, and the walls were also an inch thick. Very unlike your potato barrel.

Good little plinker you've got yourself there bigbob.
Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:38 pm

What happened to the spray'n'pray that went boom? Even my standard ABS barrel failing at a 500psi shock load just tore a 12" long strip off the side. Was there anything tapped into the chamber wall or fittings?
Well, this happened when I new nothing about spudding or anything else really. I had about 5 tapped holes in the single wall and it was cell core. The chamber kindof just blew into five chunks that went flying a couple feet. It wasnt a very energetic explosion, just some peices of abs and a loud noise.
mimeloser
Recruit
Recruit

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:03 pm

i have only one part dwv on mine and thats the threaded opening on my chamber but, my gun's "J" shaped like the chamber and barrel are parallel with two 90 degree pieces on the side to my shoulder. i have a shitty lantern ignition though
Carlman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:11 pm

mimeloser wrote:i have only one part dwv on mine and thats the threaded opening on my chamber but, my gun's "J" shaped like the chamber and barrel are parallel with two 90 degree pieces on the side to my shoulder. i have a shitty lantern ignition though
i hope you are not going to go along kicking all the old topics you can find
Aussie spudders unite!!