hydrogen powered mini

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.

is this a decent first mini spud for a 13 year old?

great job!
94%
it's ok, but i've seen better
6%

Total votes: 32
STHORNE
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 pm

looks great, and its performance isn't bad either (considering its size).

Good Work! 9/10

*(would have gave ya 10/10 if you put some pin-stripes on it or gave it a sick paint job lol)
Forum Rules - follow them or else!
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
alwinovich
Private 2
Private 2

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:12 am

@mateo

you don't need a lot of hydroxy to make it work
you just need to store it

and that's nearly the same think that happened to me
what explosive was it, and were you injured(i was),if i may ask?
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 am

Iv also had a little insident with explosives: Arm strong^s(do i have to say more?)
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
Mateo
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 am

alwinovich: no i wasnt injured except for a few little burn marks where hot pieces hit my skin. i was mixing iron oxide and aluminum oxide(thermite) and luckily it was just a little dose when it accidentally pre-ignited. what were you using?
alwinovich
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 am

TATP :oops:

looking back, i now see how stupid it was
i overestimated it and when i tried to light 1 gram unconfined it detonated
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:50 pm

i tried 10grams of armstrongs...never found the paper it detonated on...I am amazed you managed to get the tatp without killing your self in the first place...
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
alwinovich
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:05 pm

yeah, but i kept it moist all the way. until i decided to let it get dry once to experiment
BAD CHOICE!

oh and(probably stupid question) what is armstrongs?
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:51 pm

This is an awesome topic but lets stay on topic :lol:
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.