Hypervelocity Advanced* Combustion - WARTLv1

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:25 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:The highest concentration I've been able to locate on retail store shelves in this country is 12% H<sub>2</sub>O<sub>2</sub>, sold as 40 volume hair bleach.
;)

I only use it for "boring" forced degradation testing though.
Attachments
Photo0286.jpg
Photo0286.jpg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:02 am

Ino, Hydrazine is a carcinogen though, it making the most powerful non-nuclear energetic isn't worth it.

[/k3wl]

Good luck with your synth, I look forwards to your results. You'll have a PM in a few minutes too.

Edit: You'll find they cast that certain energetic nowdays, higher density.
/sarcasm, /hyperbole
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 am

I probably wouldn't bother with astrolite g anyway. I've done ETN, could do PETN if I distilled my nitric further, and with a fair bit of work and bother I could do RDX. If I was going to extremes I'd try HMX. Obtaining some cubane would obviously be a pipe dream. There's no real need to bother with astrolites when there's more powerful and safer compositions around.

However, there's plenty of other uses. I'm sure if you didn't have the fear of the law getting up in your grill you'd find some uses DYI... :wink:

Edit: Ideally the peroxide would be at 90%+. However I doubt you could load the chamber without an explosion taking place, and minor spills would result in rapid oxidation to say the least. I've heard of H2O2 stills exploding for nearly any reason...a single spec of dust is sometimes enough to help bridge that activation energy.

Oh if only my chemical lab was stocked a bit better. We need to win the lotto DYI. And you spud.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 am

inonickname wrote:/img]We need to win the lotto DYI. And you spud.
that would make a very nice video :lol:
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait