Page 2 of 3

Re: Revamped Combustion

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:12 am
Author: BigFootWitness
Sorry im new to this but, what does that red twist on the end do?
Thank you!

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:29 pm
Author: mtronic
By red twist on the end I belive you are talking about the ball valve.
He'd use that after he fired a shot by opening it up to help the air flow through and vent the gases out of the chamber.
Some people place fans the chamber also to suck more air through and also to mix the fuel and air which in turn increase your performance:)
hope this helped

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:03 am
Author: SnowFlox
very very very sweet !! its so clean and nice ! love the color as well !

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 pm
Author: BigFootWitness
mtronic wrote:By red twist on the end I belive you are talking about the ball valve.
He'd use that after he fired a shot by opening it up to help the air flow through and vent the gases out of the chamber.
Some people place fans the chamber also to suck more air through and also to mix the fuel and air which in turn increase your performance:)
hope this helped


okay thank you.
Dirtydan i like the launcher it looks well put together.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:39 pm
Author: cody2
That thing is AWESOME it is monster next to mine althogh I could out power you with a better cubbustion setup

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:26 am
Author: DirtyDan
cody2 wrote:That thing is AWESOME it is monster next to mine althogh I could out power you with a better cubbustion setup


elaboration would be cool... you know... to back up your claim n' all

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:09 pm
Author: CannonCreator
I love it! awsome work!

Hey can I ask you a few questions?

1. What diameter is your chamber?

and

2. Did you make the control box?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:21 pm
Author: Pete Zaria
CannonCreator wrote:I love it! awesome work!

Hey can I ask you a few questions?

1. What diameter is your chamber?

and

2. Did you make the control box?


His chamber is 4" (I know this because an 80mm fan fits snugly in 4" pipe)

And I'm sure he made the control box himself; it's just a radioshack project enclosure, a switch, and some common electronics.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:29 pm
Author: CannonCreator
dude that rocks! If you ever get the time make a vid!

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:24 am
Author: DirtyDan
yup... Pete was right on the money... the chamber is indeed 4" and yes, my fan control box is composed of a 9v battery holder, 2AA battery holder, a switch and project box... all of which was purchased at my local Radioshack... i found it pretty easy to construct too, even without having any experience with electronics or soldering...

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:31 am
Author: mark.f
Nice combustion! I've never seen such a flawless paint-job here or anywhere else. Did you prime before painting and then seal the paint with some sort of urethane/varnish/sealer?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:03 pm
Author: DirtyDan
markfh11q wrote:Nice combustion! I've never seen such a flawless paint-job here or anywhere else. Did you prime before painting and then seal the paint with some sort of urethane/varnish/sealer?


nope... no primer... and no sealer whatsoever... just paint (krylon fusion of course).

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:51 pm
Author: Hubb
Dan, this cannon looks like a professional job. The only changes I noticed was cosmetic, however, it is amazing what a nice paint job can do. I bet this super paint job actually increases the performance on this thing. :wink:

Again, nice job.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:04 pm
Author: Acdcmonkey1991
This thing kicks ass, also welcome to spudfiles. If you keep building like this, you'll have a future here.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:57 pm
Author: mike1010
Do you think you could post the template for that sticker on this thread.