"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:07 pm

LeMaudit wrote:Punish it, yes. So the half mad would think twice about the consequences for their ass. Punish it real bad! There's nothing best than an example to educate.
LeMaudit,
Good Man. If you ever head south, you're welcome in my shop (aka "The Titty Bar") anytime.
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:14 pm

ruthless efficiency
it was on an island - there was nowhere to run
Punish it real bad!
ohh come on you can't kill him 80 times or so
besides.... living conditions in norwegian prisons are much much better than in most russian dormitories.... I am sure JSR will attest :wink:
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:25 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
Punish it real bad!
Yes you can, just stick him in a sarcophagus! Wait...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:42 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:it was on an island - there was nowhere to run
Precisely, it was well planned, and unlike in most mass killings, he went around making sure his victims were dead. That is the work of a cold and calculating mind, not a demented lunatic who had lost touch with reality. He also did not end his own life, this is not a man with nothing to lose taking people down with him, but a man making a grotesque statement.
Besides, capital punishment was abolished in Norway ages ago.
living conditions in norwegian prisons are much much better than in most russian dormitories
I doubt he will be afforded anything but the most basic of care to keep him alive, nor will he last long if placed in the company of other inmates.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:ohh come on you can't kill him 80 times or so
Once is adequate......especially when done over a long period of time (with shop tools). I'm sure it would feel like "80 times or so".
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 pm

I doubt he will be afforded anything but the most basic of care to keep him alive
ohh come one - it's norway :-D

>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jail.html
That is the work of a cold and calculating mind, not a demented lunatic
you can be intelligent and have a loose screw

the point is - he achieved exactly the opposite of what he wanted - now every antimuslim activist is considered to be a potential terrorist & maniac
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:14 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:ohh come one - it's norway :-D
"In the Norwegian prison system, there's a focus on human rights and respect. We don't see any of this as unusual"
Do you really think such statements will be applied in this case?
you can be intelligent and have a loose screw
Fair enough. Or you can compartmentalise. People do this with things like religion all the time.
the point is - he achieved exactly the opposite of what he wanted - now every antimuslim activist is considered to be a potential terrorist & maniac
Timothy McVeigh wasn't an Arab or a Muslim, surely there wasn't any doubt that right-wing extremists were just as capable of mass atrocities.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Do you really think such statements will be applied in this case?
yes, I do. That's what their PM stated in one of his speeches after the attack
Timothy McVeigh wasn't an Arab or a Muslim, surely there wasn't any doubt that right-wing extremists were just as capable of mass atrocities.
Timothy McVeigh didn't like the federal government but his attack increased its power

FAIL!
Last edited by POLAND_SPUD on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
LeMaudit
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Donating Members

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:30 pm

If you ever head south, you're welcome in my shop
It's a deal :wink:

I believe in giving back as much as you receive. And if possible more. The good, and the bad.

yes, I do. That's what their PM stated in one of his speeches after the attack
If you're right, that mean people will never learn :?
I HAZ A BANG!
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:25 pm

saefroch wrote:
ramses wrote:Those are SO dumb...
I disagree. I found that one particularly entertaining because somebody managed to include some intelligent references in something so... mundane.
I suppose I agree, but the rest of the series is quite dumb, though.

As to hating on the right wing, one gun-nut on that island would have put him in his place (if he wasn't in fear of life imprisonment for acting heroically, like he would be in the UK and most of Europe)
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm not sure I have anything I can really say about these attacks, at least without resorting to some very crude language that wouldn't make it past the word filters.

People's priorities are in the wrong order though, given that of the BBC's ten most read articles, six - including the top spot - are dedicated to Amy Winehouse's death, rather than the fact that 85 people have been killed.

Even the fact that the LHC might have picked up hints of the Higgs Boson loses out. I know which between a major advance in particle physics and yet another musician overdoing the drugs will prove more important.

~~~~~

On the note of scientific advances, the most jaw dropping thing I read recently was this. They can now detect pigments in fossils, and while they've only got monochrome results at the moment, it has the potential to work for colour.
In other words: In the near future, we will be able to take colour pictures of animals thousand times older than our entire species.

I like to take solace in the fact that some people like to spend their time doing awesome things like that rather than spending years planning atrocities.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Ragnarok wrote:People's priorities are in the wrong order though, given that of the BBC's ten most read articles, six - including the top spot - are dedicated to Amy Winehouse's death, rather than the fact that 85 people have been killed.

Even the fact that the LHC might have picked up hints of the Higgs Boson loses out. I know which between a major advance in particle physics and yet another musician overdoing the drugs will prove more important.
[youtube][/youtube]
mattyzip77
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I had the best pnut buttr and jelly and banana sandwich earlier, was the bomb!!!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 pm

See my previous post :?
MrCrowley

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:35 am

Just finished reading some of the Norway killer's manifesto, it's unbelievable the lengths he went to. Took him 3 years to write the 1500+ 'book', contains topics on pretty much every historical event of the last 1000 years or so linked to his radical beliefs and information on almost every criminal act that can be committed.

Strangely enough, he never mentions the island he shot the people on, not by name anyway.