Page 5 of 6

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:17 pm
Author: ammosmoke
Tyro wrote:will most brands of stump remover work?

You make it seem like a chemical product........ Is that what you mean?
Im talking about a machine. A stump grinder. What were you thinking of?

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:50 am
Author: rna_duelers
If you want KN03,then go to your nearest fertilizer/rural feed and stock supplyer and ask for some,i got to Norco and they sell it for about $8 a KG but it does have clumps which need to be ground down and sived so its a nice powder.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:20 pm
Author: Tyro
No it's not KN03 it's KNO3. you guys should know your chemistry.

But yes it is a chemical, not a machine, i was rly suprised when i went on to the site and there was only machines???? i thought i had gone all retarded and couldn't fand anything. I don't mind grinding it up a bit, i was expecting it to be pellets, still havn't found any! Wish me luck!

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:14 pm
Author: MisterSteve124
Yeah any brand stump remover should work if you look on the back and see there is KNO3 in the ingredients. But its better to get pure KNO3, they sell it on ebay I bought 10 pounds for 30 bucks. Unfortunately its almost gone :cry:

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:54 pm
Author: Hayseed_Andrew
What is KNO3? Sorry if this seems retarded.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:24 pm
Author: beebs111
potassium nitrate, commoonly used in smoke bombs and balck bowder, Next time try googleing it :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:48 pm
Author: subterranean
ok guys if you want to make a smoke bomb go to lowes and buy stump remover make sure it says CONTAINS POTASSIUM NITRATE. I used spectrcide brand stump remover that comes in a grey bottle. Do not buy the brand in a white bottle with pruple letters on it. its not what u want.

to make the thing....
take 6 parts potassium nitrate(stump remover) and 4 parts table sugar in a pan and heat and stir it until it melts then pour it into half a soda can or bottle cap. stick a match in the top as a fuse. i suggest you cook this OUTSIDE i used the side burner on my bbq grill.(colman camping grills are good too) but becareful if u heat it over an open flame it can ignite if you dont watch it. also scrape the extra stuff out of the pan before making a new batch if you dont it will reheat and ignite the new batch
(i found this out the hard way)

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:03 pm
Author: stalker
wats the best way to mesure the sugar and potasium nitrate

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:06 pm
Author: beebs111
MESURE CHEMICALS BY WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! try to use a digital scale if you can

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:37 pm
Author: subterranean
no guys dont worry about exact volume and weight. just add six equal parts of KNO3 and 4 of sugar. EX: 6 bottle caps ful of KNO3 and 4 bottles caps full of sugar.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:51 pm
Author: beebs111
ummm yes you always mesure by weight, maybe on this particualr thing you dont have to but things like black powder and flash powder you need to be dead on for

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:52 pm
Author: subterranean
yeah maybe for something like black powder, but the way this smoke bomd is made leaves room for plenty of error

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:02 pm
Author: PCGUY
Holy crap guys... I really gotta wonder how dumb some of you guys can be.

Go to the store, find the stumpremover mentioned in the video and follow directions in the video. If you can't find that exact remover, write down the kinds they have, come home and look up their MSDS sheets on google. (MSDS sheets tell what all is in a product and the safety measures that should be taken around it)

Anyways look in the MSDS sheets for one that is 95%+ KNO3 aka Potassium Nitrate. Then follow the directions in the video.

If you STILL can't find it, go to a farm supply place or some sort of plant store, they should have fertilizers that contain lots of KNO3. Again, look up their MSDS sheets and find one with a high ammount of KNO3.

However be warned, don't go to a farm supply house and straight out ask for KNO3. Either they will not know what your talking about, or they will call the cops thinking your about to build a bomb.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:18 pm
Author: subterranean
KNO3 is also called salt peter that a person at a fertilizer place would recognize. i told the guy at the garden center that the company that took down my tree told me to get potassium nitrate to remove the stump and that KNO3 was the only thing that works

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:08 pm
Author: stalker
ok thx i didnt think it would blow up if i mixed a little to much of each but i thought it would be better to ask and be safe then not