air fule of gasoline

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
bighead33
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 am

what is the air fuel radio for gasoline :?:

PS:i don't want to know this for a spud gun i just want to know how much i should put in my tank.
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:23 am

For gasoline fuel, the stoichiometric air/fuel mixture is approximately 14.7 times the mass of air to fuel. Any mixture less than 14.7 to 1 is considered to be a rich mixture, any more than 14.7 to 1 is a lean mixture - given perfect (ideal) "test" fuel (gasoline consisting of solely n-heptane and iso-octane).
Keep in mind the difference in density between a gaseous (vapor) phase and the liquid phase.

So, roughly 93.6% air to 6.4% gasoline by mass. If you need by volume, then calculate the densities of each.
PS:i don't want to know this for a spud gun i just want to know how much i should put in my tank.
Wait..is this for a car? The car should really do this for you..
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
Bluetooth
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 am

inonickname wrote: Wait..is this for a car? The car should really do this for you..
Ha ha ha! I have a feeling that he means something different. A car that didn't mix air with the gasoline would obviously be pretty useless... Maybe you should start mixing some nitrous oxide or potassium nitrate with your gas... Or a fish tank aerator.
rcman50166
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:30 am

AFR for gasoline is around 14.7 to 1. However a quick google could have told you that. :roll: