dirtbike incidents

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:53 pm

so, anybody had little accidents while riding dirt bikes, quads, jet-skis or snowmobiles?

today, I had my second fall since starting dirt biking in the fall.

I was out today, riding my enduro I got this summer, and I was riding through this low spot. muddy, couldn't have been over an inch thick. It looked solid,and kind of glazed over. so I was in third gear, revving this sucker, and the rear came out from behind me and I slid sidways, and fell. nothing but some mud on my jacket, and a now brown dirt bike. picked it up, started it up, and I was on my way. stupid "dual sport tires", they are not good for on road, or off road! I am going to get a pair of knobby mud/off road tires next summer. the mud was much thicker than that in places, I hit a spot where it was 2.5" - 3" thick.

here's mu enduro, a 1976 kawasaki ke175 I posted a thread on a couple months ago. I have since replaced the clutch cable, entire headlight, wiring harness, polished the aluminum heat guard plate on the exhaust, and Got a custom air filter made (they no longer sell them)
Free! can you believe it!!

feel free to tell your stories.
Last edited by schmanman on Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
reaper613
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:56 pm

insanefmx.com has a lot of that kind of thing
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:01 pm

well, I am wondering about the members of this forum, not that one. I know the people here, would like to here their stories.

thanks though. :)
sgehring
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:49 pm

ues to all the wrecks on all of the items! i am good at wrecking. one day on a jet ski was enough for me. Live to snowmobile. Got a 890ccArctic cat for the sled, a Yamaha 400 Kodiak for the quad, sold the dirt bike, broke alot of bones on it and punctured a lung. Sold it and built my own street bike. Its my pride and joy. Check out the link!!
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4717 ... 002tf6.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4802 ... 003oz3.jpg
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:03 pm

wow, that sucker is NICE! my uncle builds choppers.

I got a 350 cc Kawasaki jet ski, with custom paint job and very few hours on it for free this summer, got the dirt bike for free this summer, getting a nice bored and stroked snowmobile for free (it is a little older, but really fast, and free!) in a week or two. I had nothing, then I built a mini chopper, then bam! I get all this stuff. this is cool. I am only 14, and having all this stuff at no cost is awesome. oh,the dirt bike engine has been rebuilt and stuff, compression as the same as if it were brand new, starts first kick.

Oh, and I am building a snowmobile powered go kart that weighs like 100 pounds without the engine. It has a snowmobile torque converter.
Flying_Salt
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:12 pm

This wasn't on a dirt bike, but it was awesome anyway.
One day when the streets iced over and schools were closed, me and some friends were feeling stupid so we decided to go biking on some ice. We found this nice, downhill alley, so we decided to race down it. (I told you we were stupid!) We were all going at full speed (on ice) when I start skidding around from pedaling too much. I acidentally squeezed my front brake just as my tire went over this dry area of cement. My bike was fine, it kinda half spun-half fell, but I flew over my handlebars. (It's actually fun) I somehow managed to hit my friend and knock him of his bike. I escaped with a jammed finger and a sore neck (yeah I am really lucky) but my friend who I hit broke his arm on a tree and got pretty scratched up. What did I learn from this? I just say I'm glad I wore my helmet, which afterwards sported a big dent.

EDIT: Ouch haymaker, I thought I was dumb :lol: jk jk
Last edited by Flying_Salt on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sgort87 wrote: I hereby present Flying_Salt with The one and only <a href="http://www.geocities.com/sgort87/ghetto">Ghetto Award!</a>
sgehring
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:51 am

you'll love the snowmobile powered go cart. I've built those efore and they are quick as well as fast. Once you get the belt lined up right in the clutchs they work great. I have my fair share of toys but unfortunatly they wern't at no cost. I'm 47 and I have what we call debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It sucks, but I'm never going to grow up
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:00 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:09 am

It don't matter what kind of tires you put on it, once they get full of mud, they are slicks!
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:49 am

jrrdw wrote:It don't matter what kind of tires you put on it, once they get full of mud, they are slicks!
yeah, but it takes a little longer for mud/off road tires to clog up.

the running gear I have on there is vintage 70's dual sport tires, but I've had people check them out, and there is one tiny crack of weatherstripping, you know, the little hairline cracks in the rubber (I cant remember if that's what it is called) It does not even go all the way through . and since it was stored in a old garage with no windows, there is absolutely no dry rot, either.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:59 pm

here it is with the replacement headlight, polished exaust heat guard, and mud after the fall and recent muddy trail ride...

The Haymaker
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:14 pm

You want a bike crash story? Howzabout back in 2002, an XR650R, a big head of steam, a knoll, and just for appeal, a 1200lb round haybale? One word, ow. If one word aint enough, go to http://www.xr650r.us/bones/

Now ya'll know why I go by "Haymaker"!

E
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:20 pm

OUCH!
geez, your like the million dollar man!
are you better, stronger, and faster than ever before? :lol: jk
do you still dirtbike as often as you used to?

what year is your bike? was it new, or a couple years old?
The Haymaker
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:30 pm

200,000, as a matter of fact. Just like new, and if I had the time, I'd ride just as much. It didn't effect the riding at all, it wasn't the bikes fault!

The bike was two years old at that point. I still ride it, obviously after a few $$$ (add another $!) worth of parts. I started the rebuild while still wearing braces!

E
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:34 pm

ha! that's cool. I am curious, why do you put a capital "E" at the end of all your posts? just wonderin'. :D