Page 1 of 3

Wierd Injury

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:05 pm
Author: PVC Arsenal 17
First off, please don't write stupid comments on this. It's really hard for me to talk about and very embarrassing.

So a little over a year ago, last november I think, I was eating dinner then I went to go sit down. I jumped onto the couch forwards and hit my chest really hard against the beam at the back of the couch. I hit my left "breast" (yes, men have breasts) and felt what was possibly the worst pain in my life.

A couple weeks go by and I'm fine besides the horrible soreness I felt. Then I go to rub the spot because it hurt and I felt this little bump there. I let it go a while and it kept getting bigger. It became a big, hard mass behind my nipple area. The soreness eventually stopped and it hasn't grown at all since. It's still there and the whole area has stretched out a little. Really embarrasing to take my shirt off and stuff.

Recently it felt sore again and I started wondering what I should do. I never told anybody because it's really embarassing. But the thought of having a tumor or cancer or something really scares the crap out of me.

I really like my life and I don't want to lose it because I broke my titty!!
So what do you suggest I do? Disregard or go to a doctor?

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:09 pm
Author: pyromanic13
how old are you?

i'm 14 but I had similar lumps behind both nips at ... maby...11-13.

they've pretty much gone away, but yes pointy hard nips aren't fun to have in the locker room

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:10 pm
Author: zeigs spud
well i dought u get cancer from somthing hiting your hard but it could be puss (forget wht it's called) under ur skin or mabeyan inflamed limphnode (idk how to spell that)? i would deffinately go to your docotr and have it checked out. better safe than sorry and he can probably get it to go away.

yea durin puberty thou they will swell and be tender but idk why it would be hard. so again doctor is best.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:16 pm
Author: PVC Arsenal 17
I'm 15. I know the chances of it being cancer are slim but I'm still scared about it. It's really embarrasing to tell people though.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:22 pm
Author: schmanman
go to the doctor, then once you know what it is, and it is treated or whatever, you will have peace of mind.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:25 pm
Author: sgehring
go to the doctor and get it checked out. I had the same thing about 13 years ago and again of the other side about a year ago. They ended up taking them out. You don't need them, male breasts, anyway. Sometimes they are what called fatty tumors. You often get them in your legs sometimes arms and they are nothing to worry about. This one probably is scar tissue from your injury. Get it checked. That what doctors are for and they can tell you for sure. I am sure it is nothing but if was to be the sooner they know the better. get it checked!!!!!!!

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:58 pm
Author: Dom
Go.. see.. a doctor.. immediatly.

Like I have a testicular cancer. .didnt go see the doctor for a while.. now i'm in potential trouble.

But... dont worry.. I believe it could be something like only a cyst... or you bled from the inside and it made a solid coagulation rock..

But go see a doctor man.. they'll pass you an ultrasound and everything will be fine..

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:28 pm
Author: drac
Yeah, although embarassing, you should get them checked. The same thing happened to me, but according to the doc it's just a part of puberty to have, according to him "excess tissue in the nipple area". It shouldn't be anything serious, but if it is, at least you can nip it in the bud. (no pun intended)

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:38 pm
Author: spudmonkey
dude just about everyone has it happen, i had a friend that had same problem, and apperantly its part of puberty so the docter said... dont be woried about what others think, if your askin about a problem that has the potential to be serious then dont risk it... its not worth it (unless you emo or somthin)

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:51 pm
Author: MrCrowley
I havn't had it and im 15 :D, well anyway I think it's a cyst, I have them on my ear lobes every now and then.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:08 pm
Author: PVC Arsenal 17
I assume they go away though. There's no sign of this getting better but at least not worse either.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:14 pm
Author: MrCrowley
Well look on the net,I knew someone who had a cyst on their hand and had to get it removed.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:20 pm
Author: PVC Arsenal 17
I don't know... just the place that it's at and how it feels is different. Like I fcked something up there. Could it be torn tissue? And it scarred over and that's the bump I feel?

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:26 am
Author: sgehring
tell your parents and get it checked!!!!!!!

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:58 pm
Author: Brian the brain
It's called gynomastica.Maybe spelled slightly different.Some forms of testosterone ( male sex-hormone wich is highly active in puberty) break down into female hormones.
It's like a rest-product.
In puberty, your testosterone level has ups and downs.
Sometimes the female leftover hormaones can get the upper hand, becuase your testosterone is down.
In this time it is trying to build your chest like it would develop in a girl in puberty, only less because you're still a guy..
The lump you feel is very sensitive right??
It's a lump of breast tissue, wich, if it developed fully, could even give MILK!!
Now that I have scared you enough, I should tell you it is harmless.It might look and feel emberrassing, but it is not dangerous to your health.
It can be easily removed by ways of a minor surgery.