Gamo Shadow 1000

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.

What ya think of my air rifle???

This is the best ever!!!
18%
It's good...
64%
Well...er....spudguns FTW
9%
I am a pussy and wont position myself.
9%

Total votes: 11
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:15 pm

hey everybody!! it's a pleasure as always to write here :D
I'm getting a gamo shadow 1000 10 joules (that's the highest i can have in france without license) , the combo with pellets and a 4x32 scope!!
I'd like you guys to tell me if you have air rifles, what type etc...and! this is an open topic for targetting discussion, long distance shooting, so give us a lot of pictures of your air rifles!!! here is one of my future one (my first one) which should arrive home tomorow or on monday.

From what i've read, this rifle is a fairly good rifle, ecxeptionnal accuracyand well...it has optic fiber sights....lol
I will post new pics as it arrives!!! can't wait!! it's been sent today!!
Post pics of yours!!!
judgment_arms
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:31 pm

I have a Gamo Shadow 1000, there nice guns, BUT it takes some skill to shoot a magnum springer like the Shadow. The recoil is forward, then backwards, and it vibrates a little, which can throw off your shot by a lot if your not use to shooting ‘em. It took me over two months to get to were I could hit a Coke can at thirty yards, and I’m use to shooting springers, if this is your first springer your going to have a little trouble shooting it. when you shoot it hold it lose, just rest the forearm on you hand, don’t bring it in to your shoulder to much just let it rest, if you plan on shooting it with out the scope, like I do, your going to have to ether A. put some weight in the stock, or set it in a wood one. Or B. practice a lot that you can compensate for the recoil, like I do.
The heaver the gun the easer it’ll be to shoot and hit what you’re aiming at, the scope will increase weight, as would a wood stock. Use heavy pellets, like the Gamo Magnums, or Rockets, or the Crosman Premier Domed Heavy, all of which can be purchased from Pyramyd Air
The Crosman Premier Domed Heavy is cheap and effective; although I have yet to try them I will soon and have read nothing but good revues.

Now then you asked about my other airarms, I currently own a china-brand utterly sterilized under-lever springer known as a B-3, I’ve modified the factory stock by removing the pistol grip, I prefer the older stile straight grips. I also have a Gamo Shadow 1000, a Crosman 1008 Co2 pistol which the front sight broke off on, and that’s about it… my dad, on the other hand, has a plethora of airarms including a Crosman 2200, a Crosman 1377 soon to be converted to a 1322, a bunch of China-guns, and an old Slavia model 618, he’s got a lot more I just don’t feel like listing them right now.

Edit: (forgot to put this in)
Oh and as for shooting, we usually shot on a thirty yard range, but some times we back it up to fifty to sixty yards. We also do airgun action shooting, which is were you shoot targets and who ever gets them all in the shortest amount of time wins, or we walk through a stage in the woods and who ever gets the most targets in the lest amount of time wins, I also hunt but since talking about that is against the rules I won’t go in to that…dumb rules…
Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:48 pm

I ordered a Gamo 1000 Shadow at the beginning of this month. Still waiting for it to get in though.
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Well, i quite agree with the rules for the point of killing animals. I don't like killing animals neither killing anything else. i prefer shooting targets, or cans, even shooting on the ground to see the dust explosion is trippy.
I won't receive the 23 joules version, but only the 10 joules one. 200 m/s.
I might upgrade it to its full potential when i'll have 50 euros to spend in a license...
i had fun with my grandpa's carbine and i was only a 6 joules. so i guess i might have some funny afternoons with it.
Woaw that's a lot of air rifles!!! i only built some very simple (yet effective) combustion mini that shoots pellets at 300 fps.
ProfessorAmadeus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:51 pm

I have a Benjamin air rifle in .177 cal. Since it is a spring piston gun expect some good recoil (as stated above). I like my gun because it takes multiple pumps for differrent power. Also me benjy has litterally zero recoil.

My air gun set up is as follows:
397 benjamin air rifle
benjamin scope mounts
3/8 scope rail
3-9-32 scope
lots o' pellets :P

I am no good with my dads springer but am great with my gun. It shoot awesome groups an 20~25 yards (like most air rifles). I got 5 shots in a 1/2inch circle at 20 yards. I will get a pic up of that soon.

:roll: :oops: :cry: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) :? :? :? :shock: :x :P YEAH!!!
Insomniac wrote:Hey why am I a goose???? Why not somthing a little more awe inspireing, like an eagle or something? LOL
SOO CUTE!! OMG!! I COULD JUST LICK YOU!!
Bluetooth
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Did you shoot that cat? Joking. I like the short wood ones like that with the pump. I'm planning on getting a Winchester 800x soon.
judgment_arms
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 pm

NICE BENJI! You should mount the scope scout style. What’s your favorite kind of pellets? Have you ever used any of the Eugin<sp> pellets? They’re like 30grains.
Nice cat…now I want Chinese food…

Spud gun safety rules
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Prof, you're killing me.......or, achieving me!! I wanted that Benji rifle..but it was sold only in the usa, and i don't have neither importation license nor detention license for 7th category weapons.......
ProfessorAmadeus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Thats to bad. I got this really cheap (70 bucks) because the front sight had a scratch on it. I put some car touch up paint on it and it looks fine. For pellets I get the cheapest kind at wally-mart. I have some high quality gamo ammo though. This gun likes all types of ammo though. Man 30grain ammo would have some serious foot pounds of pressure. But seriously that gun is awesome. It is a little heavy though for my wee little stick arms. 8) Eww. I dont want to eat cat... :D
Insomniac wrote:Hey why am I a goose???? Why not somthing a little more awe inspireing, like an eagle or something? LOL
SOO CUTE!! OMG!! I COULD JUST LICK YOU!!
judgment_arms
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:50 pm

70 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(You get the picture.)
Man I wish I could find one that cheap…you’re so lucky.
If you’re not going to eat your cat can I have it? I’m hungry… hey look a sparrow…sparrow stew, sparrow pie, so many choices…I go with pie…oh, crap I missed…

Spud gun safety rules
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:26 am

lol, we don't have walmart here in france but in my city there are two shop selling pellets and ammo. 3 euros for a pro magnum pellet box (500 pcs)
Insomniac
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:01 am

How much is a euro worth??
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:02 am

1 euro = 1.35 dollars.
Insomniac
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:14 am

American or Australian???
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 am

American lol, :lol:
I payed my gamo shadow 1000 combo for 249 euros....as you can see, the prices for in france are a lot higher...