Magazine Fed Coaxil BullPup (With Crappy Paint Picture)

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Well I went to Sydney Australia and got my usual paranoid n fidgety, overthinking self and this idea popped into my head. As we know the biggest let down of coaxials is the muzzle loading we have to do. So to avoid this or chopping through the gun and putting a T in I came up with this:

It uses a solenoid to pilot the piston (or phragm depending on your choice). The solenoid (grey) pushes the push rod (also grey) to force a piston (both red) and compress the spring (all yellow) to open up the pilot hole (the gap).
This activates the piston shooting the ammo (orange balls) and also utilizes the piston to act as a loading mechanism (I'll probably put a bowl shaped depression in the piston to help).

So what do you guys think? Itd be good for paintball aye? :wink:
Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
Sticky_Tape
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Is that animated?
You can tell how awesome a cannon is by the pressure used.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/high-pr ... 12803.html
xnt rnm ne z ahtbg
TwitchTheAussie
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Yeah My crappy attempt at .gifs. I gave up and just used 3 frames. Oh and the bottom is made of 3 T sections.
Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
Atlantis
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 pm

It looks like it can only load vertically...you'd need a tube and pin to press the ammo in if you want to load for any other direction. Not sure what makes this bullpup either.
"There isn't a problem in the world that can't be solved by the proper application of explosives"
mega_swordman
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 am

I can foresee a problem with keeping the ammo on the piston face. The bowl face may help but I still think it will just jam itself constantly. Also, will the solenoid actuate a piston to actuate another piston? Seems like an unnecessary step to me.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton
trollhameran
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:01 am

If you chamber is large enough diameter in comparison to your barrel, you can have a t in your chamber with a reducer on it which goes down to the size of your barrel, then have a t in your barrel which fits inside the first t, then a small piece of barrel sized pipe coming up out of both t's and fitting in the reducer to keep the chamber sealed.