Pneumatic/Hybrid/Combustion Fuel/Pressure Calculator

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.

Would this be useful to you?

Extremely useful
No votes
Useful
No votes
Not particularly useful
100%

Total votes: 1
Bluetooth
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm getting tired of having to search around for different spreadsheets, webpages, calculators, or working equations by hand to figure out fuel mix ratios for hybrids and combustions, and co2 calculations for pneumatics (figuring out how many shots you can get at a certain pressure and such). So, I decided to put them all together in a calculator application written in C with a GTK+ GUI (and obviously distributed for free and as open source) and should be platform independent (you would have to install GTK+ libraries).

This would not include performance calculations such as in GGDT or HGDT (that's way out of my chemistry/physics skill level). I'm posting this topic as a place to accumulate all equations, calculators, etc. together in one thread, both for projects such as these, and for ease of finding these tools for everyone. I know most of the calculations already (e.g. Ideal Gas Law, Boyle's Law, Charles' Law, Gay-Lussac's law, Avogadro's Law, etc. for pneumatics and basic air-fuel ratios for combustions). Thank you for any requests for features or contributions of theory or techniques.
Last edited by Bluetooth on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:52 pm

It would be a great plus for the community, especially as i plan to make an airsoft mini-hybrid soon .
Bluetooth
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Demon wrote:It would be a great plus for the community, especially as i plan to make an airsoft mini-hybrid soon .
An airsoft hybrid? I've never heard of someone doing that before. Can't wait to see it :) !
Demon
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Its just an idea for the moment ...

I think it will be very hard to accuratly measure the air/fuel ratio on such a small volume ...