Connecting shrader, blow off, pressure gauge

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Fri May 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Well I don't have any taps, and the two times that I threaded 1/4 fittings into pvc without tapping worked fine with no leaks, just use lots of teflon tape.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
BearMan
Private
Private

Fri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

theBOOM wrote:Actually from what I've heard, you can actually tap plastics like PVC with only the metal fitting threads, you just wrench it on and it creates threads itself. Note, I haven't actually ever tried this as I believe you wont get straight threads but it might help save some money. :roll:
I am new to all this but have experience tapping threads. I find that often taps with over tap and you end up with a loose fit it not careful. I have found that the soft PVC easily will tap with just the fitting screwed into it. I drill the appropriate hole with a drill bit, run the fitting into it, run it back out, put some teflon tape on the threads and run the fitting back in for the last time. Works like a CHARM.....
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Fri May 28, 2010 9:29 pm

If you want it tight, put the teflon tape on first, thread it in, and LEAVE it in.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!