Semi-auto 800 PSI .51cal WIP

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I can help with that. Ejector pins are easy, let me draw a quick diagram.
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm

hmm awesome thanks. lookin forward to seeing it
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Here.
JDP12 wrote:lookin forward to seeing it
Its really crude, I know... Sorry.. But its the best I can do without a plug in drawing pad.

Pretty much what happens, is as the casing is pulled back, the ejector is applying pressure on the bottom of the casing, and the extractor is holding it in place until the casing has cleared the breech and hits the ejection port. In which part the ejection spring has enough tension to fling the casing out, and you push forward to load a new casing.
Attachments
Green, ejector pin. Gray, ejector spring. Red, extractor.
Green, ejector pin. Gray, ejector spring. Red, extractor.
ejector.JPG (6.73 KiB) Viewed 2332 times
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:09 pm

hmm ok. no plans for this right now, but potentially in the future. Right now I need to sort out the valve problems.. Want to to alot of work on this in the next few days since finals are next week and I'll be studying like crazy in a few days.
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Good luck. I my self probably need to start studying...

An easy way to convert your receiver, mill out the top area, a rectangle, about 1/2" bigger than your casing, unless you use a .50cal casing, then just mill it out as far as possible without sacrificing the walls, and that should work. JSR will probably chime in soon and tell me I am wrong though... Who knows.
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Tue May 01, 2012 12:04 am

Update... got the sealing problems worked out, have to rotate the port to a specific place since it's not perfectly centered.. but it seals now.

Got the leaks all out except for 2, just gotta find my channel locks now to fix it.

Barrel's epoxied into the mag block, now I just have to work up a trigger mechanism, which oughta take a bit.
Attachments
DSC02045.JPG
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm

OK, I need some help. I'm trying to figure out how to compact this thing vertically. I'm going to be making a CBHV for it, but I like the power of a barrel sealing valve, so I want to have that option as well. So I'm looking for a way to compact the above picture vertically somehow. I can't figure anything out.

EDIT: I'm thinking about rotating it about the long part of the tee so the chamber is next to the barrel.. which would make it shorter, but a bit wider.
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

You could rotate the tee in the middle of your chamber such that the horizontal pipe coming off it rests against the barrel.

That's about all I've got.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Being at school sucks.. cuz I can't freaking work on this thing. Anyway, think I figured out my next move... Going to get rid of the whole barrel sealing valve as it sucks... gonna replace it with a toolies valve. That way its shortened by alot, will need a long activation rod, but no big deal.

Will be home in a couple weeks to work on this.