Page 1 of 1

Compressed air question

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 pm
Author: pbpenguin5
I've made 3 penumatic cannons so far, connected with the stone age type bicycle pump method. I'm an avid paintballer and i want to connect a compressed air tank to a soon to be created cannon but i have no idea which regulator to use. Links are appreciated =] something that can regulate the pressure around 100 psi from a n2 tank.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 am
Author: Corrupted355
I did this same thing. I used two regulators to accomplish about 100psi. On my setup, air comes from the tank (about 800psi) into a CMI R-2000 regulator. I got this reg because it's CO2 compatible, and it's pretty cheap. I used it to bring the pressure down to about 250 psi. It's not quite stable enough to use directly down to 100psi, so I used an air compressor regulator after that. This worked great, because it's easily adjustable, and they usually come with a low pressure gauge that can be used to accurately tell what kind of pressure you're running. This system works great for me so far. ... 263&sr=8-1

However, I found this at Lowes, and I'm going to be trying it out as soon as I get the chance. It takes pressure directly from a CO2 (or presumably HPA) tank, and regulates it down directly to whatever pressure you need up to 120psi: ... lpage=none

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:58 am
Author: Killjoy
The one from lowes mentioned above works well. The only problem is when the ambient tempurature is extremely low or your putting large quantities fo co2 through the reg it gets screwy. Palmer regs are also a good choice. Yuo can ggogle those.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:46 pm
Author: Corrupted355
Palmer actually makes some of the best regulators out there. The only reason I didn't mention them is because they tend to be kind of expensive. ... 6865614dd4

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:05 pm
Author: DYI
If you're using an industrial N2 tank, just go to a local compressed gas supply and get a regulator with a CGA 580 inlet (preferably specifically designed for nitrogen) that outputs the pressure range you want it to.

If you're using a paintball N2 tank, things could get really complex and expensive, really quickly.