The big one.

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
MrCrowley

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:38 pm

jonnyboy wrote: Oh my bad I knew the SWAT gun was bigger but I thought it had a smaller diameter chamber. You need a bigger barrel on this WOW.
Even if he had a 3" 10' chamber, it'd still be more powerful.
I'd take a fast, high flow valve over a large chamber anyday (all in moderation of course).

I think better valves will be on the top of his list, but a longer barrel couldn't hurt. As long as you have a place to store a 15' length of pipe or something. :P
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:25 am

reminds me of my brothers 4"piston valved cannon he's making.( housed în 6")

You really need to up the valves...
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:59 am

Shame about that horrible valve flow restriction, because that really is going to cut deep in to your performance.

Also... any chance of a picture where we can see all of it at once? Close ups of the back end of it don't tell us much at all.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:26 pm

WOW!! nice cannon you made WOW!!.

I'd like to see it going with a piston valve instead of those crappy sprinklers.
When are you going to do that?
Keep going on like this!
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
WOW!!
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:23 am

I am goin to put dual valves on there when I have some money, trying to find a job right now. Actually even with the sprinkler valves I am able to shoot a section of 2.5" PVC filled with concrete through about 3" of plywood so I can only imagine what the new valves will do.

I have them drawn up and I will be making a How To when I do them. I will be getting more pics and vids, I had to wait to use it because my 6gal compressor cries when it sees it so I am going to get my buddies gas compressor.

And there also might be a single 6" valve with full 6"x4" porting on there, I am still working out the design of it, but it might becoming soon.

Thanks
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:36 pm

I feel special that I'm still mentioned now and then! :P
Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself