irate

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Mike_Hunt0420
Private 3
Private 3

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:12 pm

I finished the coaxial I had mentioned building the other day, dropped it and broke it... it was ok, not a very clean build but I like it. little bugger never even got test fired before it broke so i'm a little angry and discouraged. I am taking a leave from spudding for a while, the 200 dollar waste that was this failed gun has me quite displeased, I will return eventually after I finish it's replacement in a month or two. keep up the awesome work everyone, I plan to return with a niftyness to show off...
-Ronin-
jeepkahn
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 pm

one word.... FRIGHTENING!!!
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Edison found many ways a light bulb doesn't work. Only need to learn on that does work. Wish you luck on future endeavors. Bring pictures of both the failure and success. I do have failure pictures here also. It happens to most of us.
jimmy101
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Technician1002 wrote:Edison found many ways a light bulb doesn't work.
Actually, Edison's technicians found many ways that don't, and a couple that do work. :roll:

Edison just took the credit because it was his lab.
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:06 pm

*sniffs air* "I smell theory of consipracy! The great time of ragnarök has begun, the fight of the gods(of opinion) is about to commence! Whom ever life is worthy of existance, he must flee, flee before the ragnarök begins!Run hither and fither,over canion and valley, run until the tis' is nothing but merely a speck ont he horizon."

(Now ill make it a sonnet and get nice grades, damn too much mid summer night's dream.)

On topic: Sad to hear that, i have lots of experience with stuff not working(that dreaded shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht sound, and no boom afterwards...) Damn it i'v gotten tantrums down in my workshops because somehting didn't work(iv broken deformed stocks in half and set failed coke and mentos bottels in fire(or buzzing across the sky with at least of pound of -censored- straped to them)). That is another reason i refuse to use plastic(PVC) to build guns, metal is more durable(unless it goes mad on a lathe, spins round at 1000rps and then wacks you wer it hurts leaving you stunned and in pain while yuo try and unplug the now madly vibrating lathe).

Good luck on your further endeavors(i hope i spelt that right) and i hope to see you soon, ambitious to show of you new gun.
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Ahh man I have a whole room of failure if I were to have saved everything I've broken or goofed up (most of the times I go into a blind rage and destroy them further, and then throw them away).

Just the other day, I spent a good deal of time cutting an odd-shaped handrail support for a pier. I get ready to line it up and screw it into the deck, and it falls 10' into the water. Same thing happened to one of my good hammers shortly after that.

Just live and learn, and be more careful next time.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:21 pm

You should have put up pictures asking ways to fix it in stead of putting up a leaving post. That way I wouldn't have locked this thread and you could have learned something new instead of how to get a thread locked.

We don't like leaving post, signs of a quitter.

If you want to pick your head up and stop kicking yourself and follow my suggestions and get some help, pm me and I'll unlock this. As simple as that. :D