Semi-Auto Shotgun

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:33 pm

This is the same basic design as my earlier semi-auto project witha small twist... Instead of having a large chamber volume, I have compacted this gun as much as possible by adding a kobalt 20 oz CO2 regulator.
For compactness sake, the barrel is only as long as the rest of the launcher, this way, when carrying it the barrel can be removed.
I use this gun at 120psi, and every tim i pull the trigger 40 psi is lost.

Now for some pictures:

The Whole Gun

Valve Area

Valve Area+CO2 reg

Looking Down the Homemade sights
I love lamp
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Pretty cool, have you thought about adding a magazine so you shoot it truly semi-auto
That is all.
STHORNE
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

very nice. have you considered converting it to an over-under structure to conserve space or do you hold it like a fire arm?

otherwise, very nice build. and yeah a magazine would be cool like clemsonguy1125 said.

9/10
Forum Rules - follow them or else!
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm

A magazine will be added when consistent shells are made, but for now its wadding bbs wadding.
I wanted todo an over under setup at first, but this was made of all spare parts which you can tell by my endcap setup. So now i use the end as a shoulder stock.
The only improvement besides that is that i will add a grip to make pulling the trigger easier for people who have never fired it before because its fine for me.
I love lamp
whitexnightjp
Private 3
Private 3

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:22 pm

isnt it bad to put C02 in a pvc chamber. (thats wat ive heard, i could be wrong) but yeah i like it. I am also working on airsoft shotgun. What do you use for wadding? and also do you think you could put up some damage shots?
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm

It is perfectly safe in this application, the 1" PVC is rated near 300 psi, the pop-off is set at 125 psi, the regulator can't go past 120 psi, and it is not rapid fire so the co2 doesn't freeze my pipe which I doubt it would in our hot Texas weather. Damage shots will have to wait airsoft wise, I'm all out of bbs and curently using grapes, but I can assure the little guy packs a much larger punch than expected. For wadding I use toilet paper, but I will switch to shells as soon as possible.
I love lamp
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:04 pm

LnL I think you need to change you sig. :D
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Hmm.. True, I'll probably move it to "in progress" because there will be many more updates to come
p.s.
I really like the black and blue theme on the sv, so do you think I should make the whole launcher a black and blue "cammo" and by this I mean no defined lines in my painting. I think this would give it a cool urban camo look
p.p.s
anyone got any good ideas for reusable shells, not empty 12 gauges though because I don't have access to those
I love lamp
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 am

Have you tried paper shells?
OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:48 am

Well gunfreak I don't like paper shells for two reasons: 1. They are not reusable. 2. They don't always act in a shotgun like manner, I've had them stay together and hit the target with a trremendous force, and I bet you can all see why I wouldn't want this kind of dangerous inconsistency when firing at a real human being
I love lamp
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:30 am

Try shells made from thinwall (ex. SDR-21) pipe and attach a rim to the end. I'm using SCH-40 for rimless shells on my nerf rifle.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)
deathbyDWV
Corporal
Corporal

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Yeah you need a loading mechanism and some damage pics.
Life's too short to mark off the items on your wish list...
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

A loading mech will be tough, i plan on using a shell with a lip on the back like an actual shot gun. This way the shell will not shoot out, just the bbs. It will consist of a washer the same OD as the barrel and a thinwall pipe with the same OD as the barrel's ID. Each side will be covered with foil tape and the shell will be filled with wadding and shot.
So for a loading mech I will probably go with a break-barrel setup, that seems to be the best way to go about this
As for damage pics, i will have some up, but probably not airsoft related. I do have some pictures of a grape stripping the bark of of a tree, and i might find a suitable target to shoot one of jack's co2 shells.
I love lamp
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Sounds good, but it will take a while to get right.
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 pm

I've got a solid breakbarrel system working for me i will post a diagram of it soon. For now here are some damage picture at 120 psi with a grape:

I love lamp