Plague damage preview

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 pm

You don't have a camera capable of high speed by any chance, I bet those cans compressing would look great in slow motion :) good job!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm

nice job on the crushing but the can split still needs some work, im surpirezed you guys can get a better slice than me since i was using a blunt edge when you guys use much sharper objects...

once i get my piston fixed ill do some more can crush shoots too
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Load it so the bottom of the can hits first. Part of the split can is due to the can getting a shot of compressed air inside the can on launch.

I can tell from the cement pattern on the rim that it was launched top first.

I never tried any low pressure shots. I'll have to try some to compare notes.

Nice wrap around on the hoe. Nice shot.

Edit, Just for grins I thought I would test the marshmallow cannon again. After the success with the tennis ball and the long barrel, I decided to try the long barrel with pop cans. The lack of enough flow is very obvious.
Attachments
My target was the handle of this propane tank.  I did not use a sharp edge for those shots.  The mystery splat was shot at the side of the tank.
My target was the handle of this propane tank. I did not use a sharp edge for those shots. The mystery splat was shot at the side of the tank.
Using the 1 inch barrel, I shot a mystery item at my target.  Anyone care to guess what it was?
Using the 1 inch barrel, I shot a mystery item at my target. Anyone care to guess what it was?
Another try with the 3 foot barrel worked well.  I am going to have to compare the 3 foot and 7 foot barrels on the larger launcher.  It may be interesting.
Another try with the 3 foot barrel worked well. I am going to have to compare the 3 foot and 7 foot barrels on the larger launcher. It may be interesting.
3 cans.  The two on the outside were launched from the 7 foot barrel.  I'm not impressed.  The middle can was launched from the 3 foot barrel.  Much better except my aim was too high.
3 cans. The two on the outside were launched from the 7 foot barrel. I'm not impressed. The middle can was launched from the 3 foot barrel. Much better except my aim was too high.