Maverik94 Needs a Project Idea

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok, so here's the deal. This summer has been a summer of ups and downs, and it's almost over (school starts in less than 2 weeks). I haven't done too much this summer as far as spudding is concerned, but I would like to make up for lost time and actually build something cool before school starts (or at least get a good start on it). Here are the parameters: It has to be a pneumatic, preferably a rifle (or shotgun or carbine etc.) style, It has to be fairly easy to build (I have failed so many times recently as far as spudding projects it's not even funny), it should be decently powerful (but doesn't have to be extremely so), it should be a fun build, and should be built at minimum expense (I am saving up for something non spudgun related), I would like to build it mostly if not entirely out of spare parts (I have a lot). And finally, I would like it to look as realistic as possible (within reason). I'd just like to have something fun to shoot before i get too deep into school. Anyway, I know how creative you guys are at spudfiles, and I welcome any suggestions.

THANKS!
-Maverik94
(Mods, if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry, you can move it).
"You can't be friends with anyone if you aren't friends with yourself."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -André Gide
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
Defeat is always momentary.
–Carl Denham

Current Project: None, I'm in Spudremission.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 am

Pick out 3 of your favorite cannons and combine them into one. Use what you got, brains, parts...
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:50 am

In a couple weeks you could put together a small copper coax with a QDV valve and make a nice looking rifle. This is a photo of some parts I have put together. This is not finished. The barrel ports are not cut, there is no piston yet, and no fill valve. This would not look too bad on a nice wood stock. It wouldn't take much to have a trigger pull the QDV valve to fire it.
Attachments
Copper QDV.  Click for larger photo
Copper QDV. Click for larger photo
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Sorry. I have not been on here in a few days. Well. I have some bad news (on the spudding front). It doesn't look like I will be able to do any work on anything spudding-related for quite some time. The reason is I have been asked to go up to Michigan to record with a band for a few days. And i am going to need to have daily (long too) rehearsals leading up to that and just a few days after that is done, school starts...so...sorry guys...this was pretty unexpected. :(
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
–Carl Denham

SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Well if you do find the time I would suggest something like this.
It is a simple barrel sealing piston valve (1" porting) with a 2m 1/2" barrel and 0.5m of 42mm copper pipe for the chamber
The shot in the video is at 150psi but you could easily break 300psi with this.

[youtube][/youtube]
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:20 am

Cool! I would like to build me something of that nature when I find the time!
–Archimedes
–Carl Denham