A new Men ! A new project !

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
STaK
Private
Private

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello, I'm STAK I'm from France normandy high (to be precise).

I am currently enrolled on Patator'forum (link: www.patator.frbb.net).

I introduced several of my achievement there, and I am on this forum to learn and m'expérimenter still a bit more about your techniques etc ...

So as in the title I have a launcher project. a coaxial starter aluminum or steel, all done by a boilermaker.

Here's a diagram:

I do not know when the project starts but I have to go a bit of money before any ^ ^. I will also recovered a refrigerator compressor to climb higher and faster pressure.

That is a can about everything I wanted to say that I am a minor I'm only 12 years but people of patator'forum considers a minimum of "responsible".

That's good evening!

(Excuse my bad english I use google translation)
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:33 pm

BAD design.. That has HUGE pilot volume and minimal chamber volume.

If I was you I would build a barrel sealing piston valve for it, I have a very similar cannon made from copper with a piston valve and it's one of my most fun cannons.
Marble calibre and high pressure is a good setup :)
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:54 pm

SpudFarm wrote:BAD design.. That has HUGE pilot volume and minimal chamber volume.

If I was you I would build a barrel sealing piston valve for it, I have a very similar cannon made from copper with a piston valve and it's one of my most fun cannons.
i agree, when i saw the design by the first time i thought it was a barrel seal piston gun :lol:
STaK
Private
Private

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I know that the desing and ill but with this configuration I would have more hits. There'll surely be a car fire extinguisher in addition to this reserve of galvanized steel. In addition there will have a spring-opening win will do what several milliseconds, but that will be needed ^ ^.

The brand will be integrated into a stock based on the Magpul Masada made of pine and plywood end.

You would have a diagram of your "pac"?
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

STaK wrote: You would have a diagram of your "pac"?
sorry are you talking to me? :lol: what "pac" ?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:05 pm

What the good gentlemen of the board are trying to tell you is that you will have much, much better performance, and more shots per chamber fill, if you make it like this ;)
Attachments
pardonezmonfrancais.GIF
pardonezmonfrancais.GIF (2.14 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
STaK
Private
Private

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:17 am

Thank you nice I had not thought of this configuration, the board thank you.

Pac in French means "patator air comprimé" in English is rather what Pneumatic cannon ^ ^.

I just noticed that in your schema, the air enters below the piston, which would require me to make a spring. I prefer to focus on simplicity for an optimal ^ ^. I put a coaxial chamber can further that the tee but that said, it's still a good idea, I'll think about it ;).
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:30 am

The major thing you should be concerned about is "pilot volume", the area of air behind the piston. You need to make this as small as possible, because if you make it too big (as in your original diagram, the pilot volume is bigger than the main chamber volume!) you will lose a lot of power, also I doubt you would get more than two usable shots with your current design.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
STaK
Private
Private

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:10 am

Thank you, I know what the volume driver, but put the plunger into the tee with an air came through the room I'm septic. I have always been an arrival from the rear of the piston, but the most annoying on the configuration you gave me is that you get a good spring but also make it boring: D.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 am

What's the difficulty with adding a spring? if you make it like this, you will get many shots per fill and good power, also it will shoot every time you pull the blowgun trigger, removing the need to add a separate ball valve to fill the chamber.
Attachments
untitled.GIF
untitled.GIF (2.22 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
STaK
Private
Private

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 pm

I could not afford to put a blower on my air-gun because I want to integrate it into a stock (magpul replica of Masada). And I also wanted to put a spring opening by what you call more run-ment "tigger system." I know it is not difficult but I will continue to make schematic and I'll offer you something "safe."
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Move the fill valve off the chamber and add it to the pilot. Then the air can still close the piston. No spring needed.

My Mouse Musket was a combination of both. If the piston would not close and seal, a short blast of air into the trigger valve would close the valve and seat the piston. Once an initial seal was made, a rapid fill directly into the chamber can finish the fill.
STaK
Private
Private

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 pm

I do not quite understand what you mean, you'd have a diagram?

That's what I think doing that is similar to what Jack has said (in French Jack said it's a game ^ ^)

The Stock of the butt is rough on the diagram, I adapt if necessary ^ ^.
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:27 pm

STaK wrote:I just noticed that in your schema, the air enters below the piston, which would require me to make a spring. I prefer to focus on simplicity for an optimal ^ ^. I put a coaxial chamber can further that the tee but that said, it's still a good idea, I'll think about it ;).
take a look at my build,it's a little bit more advanced than your design but the concept it's basically the same :) http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/build-f ... 21582.html
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:57 pm

smples.
Attachments
untitled.GIF
untitled.GIF (4.01 KiB) Viewed 2310 times