Detent BB Gun V2

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Ok well sorry I forgot to mention something. All you guys have great ideas, but mine needs to fit inside 1.25" pvc... :lol: The magazine tube can stick out though because that is inevitable. I can't tell you why it has to yet. It is a surprise... :D Anyway, that is why I design all compact valves... such as the BFB style pop off thingymajig.
Assuming there's a return spring in there somewhere, looks like it would work
I can't draw good springs in sketchup, but I figured you understood there was one because of the previous design :wink:
It will cycle like mad or not at all with constant flow, but for semi auto with pulse air it should be perfect.
Do you think it HAS to be pulse air? Would a blowgun be enough? I mean, once the piston loads a round, it won't some back until it shoots because I'll hold the trigger down until it pops. Then I'll let go and let a new round fall in.

Jack you posted good diagrams but they won't work in my application and I also like servicability... I don't even think I can make any of those anyway :D
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Do you think it HAS to be pulse air? Would a blowgun be enough? I mean, once the piston loads a round, it won't some back until it shoots because I'll hold the trigger down until it pops. Then I'll let go and let a new round fall in.
Er... so you'll be pulsing the air ;) my point was that it probably wouldn't go full auto with constant flow.
Jack you posted good diagrams but they won't work in my application and I also like servicability... I don't even think I can make any of those anyway :D
Here's how I would make it, using epoxy based construction and concentric brass/aluminium tubes, but combining threaded fittings it would be servicable.
Attachments
bfvlprct.GIF
bfvlprct.GIF (8.11 KiB) Viewed 725 times
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:01 pm

That's exactly how I planned to make an epoxy based version except mine didnt have the hopper because that wouldn't fit in my outer shell.
Er... so you'll be pulsing the air my point was that it probably wouldn't go full auto with constant flow.
Ok I wasn't sure if you meant "pulsing" as in air from a QEV or something.

Still haven't got to make the semi auto prototype yet because I have a lot of work this weekend so probably next week.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!