Modified Paintball gun to air rifle/cannon

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 am

Anyways I'm not free for a while but i did mock up a pic showing the very basics of what i want to build and what it will look like.

Sorry as the pic is fairly basic and doesnt show the structural support that will be needed. This is going to shoot "stun" darts for airsoft matches with friends. It might take me a bit to get started but when i do i will update this.

[Background info: long story short my uncle thought it was funny we were having problems with squirrels around the house so he bought my dad and I some blowguns as sort of a gag but it will work sort of thing. I have had the hankering to start playing paintball again but its to expensive so I'm thinking airsoft and it kinda bummed me out neither of them shoot very far. Well after messing around with the blow gun i get the idea of using a paintball gun with a blowgun barrel for an airsoft sniper. If i use a "stun" dart im sure it would travel a ways if shot through this setup. ]
farmerboy32
Private 2
Private 2

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:45 am

watch the speed on the stun darts, they may break eye wear.
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 pm

farmerboy32 wrote:watch the speed on the stun darts, they may break eye wear.
True, will have to be sure its slow enough to not break eyewear or put a rubber cap on the end or something.

On a side note, the painball gun should arrive soon and i bought an ASA on/off and i got a 9oz c02 tank so as soon as im done laying plans i should be gtg
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 pm

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 am

Judge_Jon wrote:
farmerboy32 wrote:watch the speed on the stun darts, they may break eye wear.
True, will have to be sure its slow enough to not break eyewear
Or fast enough to not bound back :lol:
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:http://www.barragebarrel.com/ ;)
though i think paintball is fun the guns are goofy looking. After I'm done my gun should look like a real rifle but shoot blowgun ammo. like darts, stun darts, bamboo darts, whatever and it i use the stun darts i can use it for airsoft. I dont actually want to shoot airsoft bb's, they suck and dont travel well
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 am

Judge_Jon wrote:the stun darts i can use it for airsoft. I dont actually want to shoot airsoft bb's, they suck and dont travel well
You mean these?

I would do extensive testing on "soft" targets at various ranges before even considering using them for skirmishing.

With a bit of though, you should be able to cobble together a blow-forward mechanism allowing it to be magazine fed.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 am

Judge_Jon wrote:
I dont actually want to shoot airsoft bb's, they suck and dont travel well

They don´t, if you buy professional airsoft bbs, they are very good, with a decent gun a bb can hit man size targets at 80m
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote: You mean these?

yeah, those. there are some that have the same tail section as a regular dart but have a small half circle on the front made of metal but im a little leary of that. plus these would be easier to be magazine fed if i decide on it
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 am

Don't use the metal-tipped ones. Even the solid plastic ones can cause welts shot from a blowgun. A blowgun like the kind you blow into to shoot.
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Sorry about the slow progress. I have a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, A fiance, and an old motorcycle that take most of my spending money. However i did get some things accomplished. I will upload a pic soon.
Last edited by Judge_Jon on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:10 pm

You can see i had to do a few things: i took of the M16 style carry handle, i took off the paintball verticle feed tube and grinded it flush, and lastly the largest thing ive done so far is the barrel. I chopped the barrel off to be roughly as wide as my palm to help me screw the barrel on or off, Then i put pvc pipe inside to cut down the area the co2 can expand, i put in a buffer to close the distance from the barrel to the pvc, drilled a hole close to the end of the barrel to put the tube in, found a bolt big enough to screw in the end of the pvc and screwed it all the way up to the tube.

It's still an ongoing thing as i still need to plug up the old paintball feed tube hole, find how to mount the barrel to the gun, put a bolt action to it, put a buttstock on it, then fiberglass a body, etc
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Looks like it will make an interesting post-apocalyptic zombie killer when you're done :D
Judge_Jon wrote:I have a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, a fiancée, and an old motorcycle that most of my spending money.
In that order I hope ;)
Judge_Jon
Private
Private

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:29 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Looks like it will make an interesting post-apocalyptic zombie killer when you're done :D
You're right atm, it looks like something from Fallout3 however after the figerglass i'm hoping it will look like a normal/modern rifle
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote: In that order I hope ;)
i'd say the fiance takes the most atm but I am about to increase the hp with bigger turbos so it will most likely be like that lol =p
Last edited by Judge_Jon on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, A fiance, and an old motorcycle that take most of my spending money
I'm prepared to take them off your hands to lighten the strain on your wallet... :D
I'll even do it for free...

I can't seem to figure out how you are planning to make the gun work....
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!